Well used Sunfish clone

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by UABDad, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UABDad

UABDad New Member

I inherited a well used sunfish class sail boat. It is missing rudder and dagger board. Pics can be emailed to you. Sail is in decent shape and stored in a dry location but dirty looking. Great project boat sold by Sears, it has an "F" on the sail. First $100.00 cash gets it, no cashiers checks. Email is UABDAD@yahoo.com for pics.

2. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

For what it's worth, I think you have a Sears-Roebuck Fleetwind sailboat. The sail insignia is a a letter "F" in a circle with breaks in it, and the bow is a blunt (pram) design rather than a pointed shape. They were pretty good boats in their day and worth at least the $100 you are asking if the hull is in decent shape.

I believe (?) that a Sunfish daggerboard will fit and the Sunfish rudder assembly is about the same size (but the attachment hardware may be different.) If you want to see a photo of one, join the Yahoo Sunfish_Sailor website (no charge) then click on "Files" and then "Clonefish" and then "Clonfish A - K".

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

3. UABDad

UABDad New Member

Thanks Alan for the info. I will check out the website you mentioned. Hull is in good shape, needs painting or polishing. I have never sailed and many lakes around here in Birmingham, Alabama area to do so but I haven't the time. I guess I could sail it in my pool, nah. Thanks again.

4. drhoward20

drhoward20 New Member

do you have the mast and book
    i will take it if you ship it to south dakota I will pay shipping howard 605 4680176

5. Phillster

Phillster Member

Howard, no seller is going to want to handle shipping a Sunfish. Here's how to ship one, feasibly and economically.... http://www.uship.com/boats/

6. julesalc44

julesalc44 New Member

Could you send me some pictures of the boat. I'd be interested in it and live in Atlanta. so easy pickup. does it come with a trailer? I can be reached at julesalc44@yahoo.com for pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.