Waterproof Iphone Cases

Discussion in 'Sailing Talk' started by Ghost, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I'm just about to purchase a case for my iphone case that can sustain getting wet. I know there's a lot of cases that claim to be waterproof. I'm looking for something that is small enough to carry everyday and can survive a dunk in a lake. I'm looking for firsthand reviews from someone who has used one. I've looked at Lifeproof and the Griffin Survivor. I like the Lifeproof but it costs half the price of the phone ($100) however; it is very form fitting and small.

Any thoughts?

2. tag

tag my2fish

3. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

West Marine sells clear dry bags meant for small electronics. Touchpads work through the plastic, plus, if you seal it with some air inside, I assume it will float.

4. jon

jon Member

5. baseman

baseman On the Water

I have an Aquapac. As Jon said, mine appears to be water tight, but I have yet to test it on the water. This year I'll take the iPhone I replaced with a newer version. The phone doesn't work, but the other apps do (race timer and GPS).

6. Seashoresunshine

Seashoresunshine New Member

If you don't get something that's brightly colored and floats attach your own by using neon duct tape and a cut piece of pool noodle.

7. Dallas Laser

Dallas Laser New Member

love the life proof... 80$ at best buy and to save a 600$ phone it is worth it. took it to the beach last week and no problems...

put this in a small dry bag with air and you have a floating phone that is about as safe as it can be...