Water Bottle Attachment

ckf

When I go sailing I need a water bottle and I am never able to figure out where to put it. Is there a way that I am able to attach it to my boat so when I flip it doesn't fall out?

The Bottleport sure looks cool, but if you bothered to read the thread 49208 linked to, you would know it's illegal. The company that's selling it once again has no idea what is allowed in the class and what isn't.

And btw, I use a piece of elastic that runs through the toestrap fittings at the back of the cockpit, with a bowline at each end.

The Bottleport sure looks cool, but if you bothered to read the thread 49208 linked to, you would know it's illegal. The company that's selling it once again has no idea what is allowed in the class and what isn't.

And btw, I use a piece of elastic that runs through the toestrap fittings at the back of the cockpit, with a bowline at each end.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about racing.

i have only been to one regatta (masters worlds) where they would care about the legality of the water bottle.

I would have no bad thoughts about using a bottle port in all the other regattas.

I use one or two 20 OZ bicycle water bottles held in the back with bungee cord. one bungee goes through my hiking strap lines through both traveler fairleads and back through the hiking strap lines....there they are tied to each water bottle.

Not class legal. I was told by the chief measurer that the water bottle cage was not class legal per 21, below

21.Clips, ties or bags to stow or secure safety or other equipment may be used on the deck, in the cockpit, around the mast or boom.

Attachments

• IMG00047-20120323-2005.jpg
    IMG00047-20120323-2005.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 63
Label me a cheater if you want but......unless your in the top tier of national and world domination just do what you need and what you find easy to use for your water bottle. Who cares if it's legal. It's just water.

Label me a cheater if you want but......unless your in the top tier of national and world domination just do what you need and what you find easy to use for your water bottle. Who cares if it's legal. It's just water.
Or better still, go sail a class of boat where it doesn't matter what you do or maybe take up an activity where you're not competing against anyone.

We are talking about carrying a water bottle on the boat folks.......not a new way to hide an electric motor.

Ok then please explain to me the "unfair advantage" that comes from carrying a water bottle in an unapproved method?

If a person becomes dehydrated they become a danger to themselves and others around them. It could be argued that this is a safety issue.

Beaker, rules are rules. Just become richer so that you can afford a coach boat to carry your drinks. That levels the playing field a bit.

Back