Watch GLAST launch on NASA TV

SFBayLaser

This is off topic for the Laser Forum but might be kind of fun for those that catch this early enough. As some may know, in my other life I work at SLAC where I've been part of the GLAST project for the past 8 years or so. Today is a big day for us, GLAST launches into orbit. For those that are interested, the launch will be broadcast on NASA TV. You can watch online by going to NASA TV and clicking on "media" in the right column.

Tracy

Shoot, I missed it!

It will be cool to see what comes from the telescope in the years to come.

NASA will replay it tomorrow, I'm told. That is the "official" video and what's interesting there is that they have some great cameras to track it further in flight.

But you can watch the really fun part on this video that was made by one of the people on the beach near the launch site. Its pretty much all over in the first 30 seconds...

But you can watch the really fun part on this video that was made by one of the people on the beach near the launch site. Its pretty much all over in the first 30 seconds...

Thanks for that. John and I have similar footage from when we saw the next to last Columbia launch on its mission to repair Hubble. It was truly the most awe inspiring thing I have ever seen.

When I lived in Dallas I saw one of the shuttle missions on a night time re-entry. It seemed like it went right over downtown around midnight. It was an AWSOME sight! It was like a slow motion HUGE ball of fire and smoke cruising across the sky.

Back