Washington sailors report in

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Talk' started by kylehousley, Jun 3, 2010.

1. kylehousley

kylehousley New Member

Anyone who wants to sail and lives in western Washington should post in here and we can get something organized! Thanks all!

2. ianr

ianr New Member

if it ever turns to summer weather!

3. kylehousley

kylehousley New Member

Yeah I know! I think I am going to be in Dyes Inlet on Saturday and Sunday, maybe tomorrow if those showers do enough "tapering". Anyone is invited, I might even be interested in sailing the Hood Canal.

4. c14_Jim

c14_Jim Sailing on Shelter Bay

Driftwood Key

I live in a community called Driftwood Key on the north end of the Kitsap Peninsula. We have a private harbor (Called Shelter Bay, or Coon Bay on the charts) and a private launching ramp. I am considering contacting several dinghy sailors in the area to ask if they want to have some impromptu races on a weekly basis. I know of at least a half dozen one design dinghy owners that might be interested. I am in the process of developing a list. We have had these races from time to time in the bay and although the bay is only about 1/3 mile long we can get a decent, albeit short, windward-leeward course inside the bay. Let me know you name, phone number and email address if you are interested.

Attached Files:

5. kylehousley

kylehousley New Member

alright i have never done any racing before but I would be willing to try it out. let me know, I check my email all the time. xlorkhanx AT gmail DOT com
    phone number is (eight oh eight) two one six - eight one eight seven
    be sure to leave a message

6. ianjablonski

ianjablonski New Member

Racing in Port Townsend

Port Townsend Sailing Association (http://ptsail.org) sponsors racing in Port Townsend Bay Friday evenings during the spring and summer. If you are interested the calendar of events is posted on their web site.

7. kylehousley

kylehousley New Member

Thanks, I also got in touch with a group that sails monday nights in Dyes Inlet.

8. kylehousley

kylehousley New Member

Sailign tomorrow

DYES INLET

If I see a Catalina I will head right for ya!