Wanted: Used Sails, Hiking Straps, Misc Parts

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by Peter Montgomery, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Peter Montgomery

Peter Montgomery New Member

Hi,

I'm a new owher of a Capri with a laundry list of stuff to get.

We are looking for used sails. Condition is more important than type. Also, looking for some good condition hiking strap.

Lastly looking for a good condition traditional hank on forestay. Boat came with a roller furler but it's in bad shape.

I'm interested in general parts as well. Backups are always useful.

Thanks!

2. Kevin Grondin

Kevin Grondin New Member

I made my own hiking straps with some 2" webbing from the fabric store - I did have to buy some of the hardware from Catalina, but it was a lot cheaper than buying replacement straps from them.

3. Peter Montgomery

Peter Montgomery New Member

I had given some thought to doing that as well. Lengths, etc are available for the straps on the Catalina store. Do you have any pictures you send me of yours?

Thanks

4. Mary T

Mary T New Member

Hi, Peter, my son's Capri came to an unfortunate end and he moved and left both sails, an extra boom, and fittings. If you want these, just pay me shipping from Utah. I just want them to go to a good home where they will be used!
    Mary T

5. Dave M.

Dave M. New Member

Mary T,

This is Pete's sailing partner (Dad), what a generous offer, we are so looking forward to getting our new to us Capri on the lake. We are grateful for your offer. How do you want to make this work? Do you want to get a cost on the shipping first and have us send you the money? We live in Bracey Virginia.

Kind regards,
    Dave

6. Mary T

Mary T New Member

7. Bob Nesbit

Bob Nesbit New Member