Wanted : used Expo 14.2 in middle of country

Discussion in 'Capri/Catalina 14 Classified Ads' started by bernardd, Jun 28, 2011.

1. bernardd

bernardd Member

I'm looking for a used Expo 14.2 - I hear they're pretty easy for us older folks to handle!

If anyone knows of one at a reasonable price that's not too far (ie a days drive?) from Central Texas I'd love to hear about it.

2. no4j

no4j New Member

I'll be 63 next month. We just bought a 14.2 and absolutely love it. Hope you find one.

3. mjyoung57

mjyoung57 New Member

Capri 14.2

My brother-in-law has a 14.2 Capri with trailer for sale. The only pics of have of the boat is with the cover on sitting on the trailer. It has been stored indoors for the last several years. He is asking $2200. The boat is at my home in Laneville, TX. My cell is 903-658-4403. I can give you my brother-in-laws cell so you can speak to him directly.

4. r3feet

r3feet New Member

capri 14.2

Do you know id it is an Expo 41.2? I am very interested.

5. mjyoung57

mjyoung57 New Member

Capri 14.2

The logo on the boat is Capri 14.2.

6. bernardd

bernardd Member

Are you able to post a photo?

Failing that, (and unless anyone else has any good ideas?) does it have a jib as well as a mainsail? Does the boom attach to the mast (original 14.2) or the deck (expo)?

Also, approximately how old is the boat? If I understood it correctly the Expo was introduced in Summer 2002, so anything older than that must be the original 14.2 with a jib?

I'm certainly interested if it's an expo.

Bernard

7. mjyoung57

mjyoung57 New Member

Capri 14.2

The boat is a 1985 model so it is definitely not an Expo. The boom attaches to the mast and has a jib.

Mike

8. ssimons55

ssimons55 New Member

9. tomsalwasser

tomsalwasser New Member

Hi Bernard,

I live in Minnesota. I have a very lightly used 2008 Expo 14.2

I also sail a Sunfish and love it. I thought I wanted to take the next step up so I invested in an Expo 14.2. Turns out I really prefer just messing around in the Sunfish, but the Expo is too nice a boat to sit idle. I want to find a good home for it. I was supposed to list it this summer but here it is almost September and I have not gotten around to getting serious about selling. If you'd like to email directly please do so tomsalwasser@yahoo.com

Best,
    Tom

10. bernardd

bernardd Member

Bumping this to say I'm still looking for an Expo 14.2 within driving distance of Central Texas

11. tomsalwasser

tomsalwasser New Member

Thanks for considering my Expo Bernard.

My 2008 Expo is now in indoor winter storage in Minnesota. I really am torn about selling but willing to talk if anybody is interested in a very lightly used boat.

Best,
    Tom

12. Cary Lane

Cary Lane New Member

1993 Capri 14.2 for sale

I have a 1993 Capri for sale in Eastern New Mexico (Las Vegas). It is in great shape if you are interested. I can help get it somewhere if needed too.
    Cary Lane
    cary@energyconcepts.net
    505-652-1002

13. bernardd

bernardd Member

Good news for me - I finally found a 2007(?) Expo and bought it today! Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

The only thing my boat is missing is a cover - it's going to be outdoors most of the year though cold & wet are not really a problem in Central Texas. Does anyone have recommendations of the best brand to buy?

14. Bond

Bond Member

Hi Tom

I'm interested in your Expo is it still available?

Bond