Wanted, usable Sunfish hull

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by joey48442, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joey48442

joey48442 New Member

Looking for a usable hull, that I can use till I fix my hull, as a tree fell on it. Anyone have anything for sale in the SE Michigan area?

Mine was an AMF made hull, so I assume I would need similar if I am to use my rudder and such. Unless the hull comes with a rudder and daggerboard.

Thanks

Joey

2. Repete

Repete Sunfish1909

Joey, I have a hull you can have for free. You can use it for spare parts and or fiberglass sections to rebuild your comprimised hull. It is a 1961 hull with the older rudder gudgeon set up. You will need to transfer or buy a current rudder gudgeon or bracket to use your current set up. I am in Kalamazoo.

3. joey48442

joey48442 New Member

That would be great! Maybe I could come out during the weekend?

Joey

4. Repete

Repete Sunfish1909

Joey, here is her description I posted on the Yahoo Sunfish Forum............

>>> FREE <<<

1961 Hull (from deck plate No.) Solid Green gelcoat deck with no stripes....yes she was built before that option. She has a small hole / crack along corner vertical of transom. She had the original brass rudder gudgeon so will need a current rudder gudgeon upgrade. Coaming is intact. Has original working metal bailer. Bow handle is separate from deck right now, but is available with sale of hull. Some deck hardware is missing, cleat, fairlead, eyestraps for bridle and bridle. Easy fiber glass project and she will be ready for water...........

Joey, I can take some photos to help you decide....... I am at exit 78 on I-94, Kalamazoo

5. joey48442

joey48442 New Member

Sounds great! Ill take it. Pictures would be cool, but as long as the hull isnt stove in (Like Mine!) Im in.
    Possibly sunday I could come out? I sent my phone number via private message.

Joey

6. joey48442

joey48442 New Member

Thanks Peter! She made it home (Betty, the wife named her) safe and sound. Ill get her holding out water soon, and hopefully looking good over the winter.

Thanks again!

7. Repete

Repete Sunfish1909

Woah "Green" Betty..... bamba lamb.......She's all rock steady...bamba lamb...... (sorry)..... Have fun getting her water tight. I hope you can post photos of her restoration and on her "re-christening" as she gets back to water. I am glad she has found a home with you. I feel good she did not go to a landfill. "Save a Sunfish" Cheers, Pete.

8. joey48442

joey48442 New Member

I heard Black Betty just today, as a matter of fact!

Talking to you inspired me, Im going to take on the repair of both hulls now! Hopefully I can get Betty at least watertight and into the water this weekend. Fall is quickly closing in! Over the winter Ill try and make her look good again.

Thanks again!

Joey

9. Repete

Repete Sunfish1909

Joe.... I just ran across this video here on the forum. This may have been the video you spoke of about a keel repair. It is nicely done and you can see the small West epoxy quarts I spoke of. You can apply these techniques to repair your "fallen tree" Sunfish as well as Betty's transom corner.
    Cheers, Pete
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S398W4GfQIM&feature=youtu.be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.