Wanted: Laser in SE Michigan

Discussion in 'Laser Wanted Ads' started by Geoff Brieden, Jul 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoff Brieden

Geoff Brieden New Member

Looking for a fully equipped Laser in relatively decent condition in Southeast Michigan. Let me know if you have one for sale, or can point me toward one.

Thanks, Geoff

2. Sam

Sam New Member

Have you found your Laser? I have a 1994 model (Sail 15900) in excellent condition. This Laser is in Missouri. $2,500 delivered to you.

3. Geoff Brieden

Geoff Brieden New Member

Sam: Can you send me pictures? Send to: gbrieden@kagsnet.com Thanks.

4. Sam

Sam New Member

I sent several pictures from my phone. The "regatta sail" is old. I would not expect it to qualify for the North America Nationals. There is a newer practice sail. I am told by people who are Laser gurus that the rig is the "older" rig. I don't know what distinguishes it from the "newer" rig. I acquired this boat when a fellow boat club member thought he needed my Walker Bay 10' dinghy w/sail kit and trolling motor so he and his grandson could go fishing. He offered the Laser in trade. It was an offer I could not refuse. My then thirteen year old daughter wanted to learn to sail but this Laser was too nice for that purpose. I obtained another, painted it hot pink, and turned her loose. She is now entering college and the pink boat will suffice for her needs. This boat is now surplus after being in the storage unit for half a decade.

5. Michael R Roman

Michael R Roman New Member

In case you are still interested, I have a Laser for sale, north of Chicago, hull '94, pristine, two rig packages, regular and 4.7, includes two sails, two masts, xd package, Seitech dolly. All for a very resonable price. Just four hours driving distance from Ann Arbor.

6. pugslie2

pugslie2 New Member

Geoff,

I have a 1994 Laser in great shape. It is in Grand Rapids, MI. It has the upgraded vang/cunningham/outhaul rigging, blades that are chip-free and lots of accessories (blade bag, hull cover, wind bird, etc...) It comes with a nearly-new Sietech launching dolly. I'm asking $2500 for the package.

I have a couple of "action shots" of the boat on the water. If you want some photos of the boat on the dolly, I can take them tomorrow and send them if you give me an e-mail address. Or you can call me to discuss at 616-780-1346.

7. Ehren

Ehren New Member

Geoff,
    I have a project boat if interested. Early 80's hull- foils and mast in servicable condition. Road trailer. No sail. $1000-$1500 range. Will be my winter project but I could be your winter project. I'm in Livonia. Will show Pics if interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.