WANT TO BUY J 24's

Discussion in 'J/24's For Sale' started by Jon Sims, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Jon Sims

Jon Sims New Member

City:
    Ningbo
    State:
    Zhejiang
    Cost:
    Hello all sailors. My name is Jon Sims.. I've been sailing since I could walk. I've been living in China for the last 20 years and I am in the process of establishing China's biggest ocean recreation centre. Chinese people have no experience of sailing or fixing boats, or even swimming in many cases. What they do have is a real desire to learn and get involved. This is fantastic. I'm facilitating this and part of the sailing/racing experience is a fleet of 10, yes TEN J 24's.
    I don't want to pay a lot for them so I do not expect them to be new. I do expect them to be in good working conditions with serviceable sails, rigging and equipment. They need to be on a trailer so we can containerize them and ship them over to this neck of the woods.

So please send me details and pictures of your boats.

Thank you.

2. fred schmitt

fred schmitt New Member

Hi Jon, Doing some checking out here but not much in the way of new listings for J24's Still checking Best Regards, Fred
    I am a boat broker here in Michigan and I have helped Jon Sims to purchase and ship two sailboats to China, he paid up front and he always completed what he said he would.

3. ken anthony

ken anthony New Member

Fred - is he still looking? I have a J 24 in great shape (faired hull/keep/rudder) and setup for racing. It is a 1978 - but is very great shape. Trailer in great shape as well - all rebuilt/galvanized. Only used in fresh water since new. Looking to get $9K for the rig - all sails included. Let me know if interested and I will get photos to you of all.
    thanks,
    Ken Anthony
    Savannah, GA

4. BigMike

BigMike New Member

IF you're still looking I've got a really nice one i just posted for sale

5. Michael Sudofsky

Michael Sudofsky New Member

Jon, J 24 #3938 photos attached. We sailed Newport Worlds last year 23rd overall. new mast, new faired keel last year.
    Im asking $11,500.00 and will deliver on East Coast. Mike Sudofsky 508 725 1880 msudofsky@accelcorp.com

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
  6. Travis Odenbach

Travis Odenbach TO5432

7. Travis Odenbach

Travis Odenbach TO5432