Using Small Diameter Control Lines

viktor188924

Has anyone tried using small diameter control lines instead of the regular lines that come with the harken/holt upgrade packages? I find that it takes too much effort to get my cunningham to go all the way out. It often takes me needing to go up to the mast and flicking it with my hand. Maybe I should just deal?

search the threads here, we've had lots of discussion about reducing the purchase in the cunningham and vang, and changing out the lines..

my bad. i keep forgetting theres a search. hmm would it be possible to put a search BAR somewhere around the banner at the top? I'll ask an admin.

Swiftcord Maffioli, its the gold standard, developed for olympians

I usually go with 4 mm, its like butta!

THATs what i wanna hear! the swiftcord was my fav. choice... my buddy, the same one from my 'laser quality' post... uses 3mm marlow. It dosn't hurt if you braid it and add a bowline. its got a dyneema core, instead of the swiftcord dyneema blend. i know the dyneema is strong enough, but i'm not sure about how much wear it will sustain the cam cleats on the deck. And i've heard that it squishes in the cleats, and might slip out... I guess if i use 4 mm its enough.

trust me, 4mm is good stuff, it's what comes in the Colie MOJO package

would I steer you wrong? I think not

Spending time messing with the cunningham at the mark is time badly spent. It's even worse because it only needs messing with in light wind, when you need all the speed you can get. I don't think im overdoing this.

Back