US-1493 Vanguard 470

Discussion in '470 Classified Ads' started by QuantumSlice, Apr 6, 2012.

1. QuantumSlice

QuantumSlice New Member

Hi, i have a blue, early 1980s Vanguard 470 which my wife and I sail once in a while... It is time for it to go somewhere since it has been replaced by a 24' S2. Is there any interest in this community to pick this boat up ? I bought it second hand in the 90s and was told that Vanguard made a series of Olympic racing boats like this one in the early 1980s... Trap, Spinnaker, Main, Jib, Trailer, canvas cover... Deck is light blue with dark blue highlights. The boat looks great and has been kept inside during the winter months. Let me know please if someone is interested in her - otherwise she will likely end up in a graveyard somewhere...

Best Regards,
    Frank Parsons (Cincinnati, OH)

2. sailnaked6842

sailnaked6842 New Member

How much are you expecting for this boat? I can't afford much but I can help to keep it out of the graveyard.

3. QuantumSlice

QuantumSlice New Member

I have someone in St. Louis who i offered it to $400. i think it is a valuable boat - just not interested in owning her any more. If they don't come though, you are welcome to come get her. parts list....
    Equipment:
    1 jib with telltales (no creases)
    1 main sail + battens
    1 spinnaker (blue stripes with boat number i think)
    spinnaker control line & gear
    spinnaker "quick" halyard
    magic box for jib halyard
    traveler
    adjustable jib leads
    Harken blocks & equipment throughout
    self bailer
    boom vange
    main down haul
    no jib downhaul - i hear they are legal for the class now
    spinnaker pole with topping lift
    two spinnaker launching bags
    tiller
    rudder
    centerboard in trunk
    two hull mounted compasses (one lost it's fluid but still works)
    trapeze wires
    trapeze seat
    jib sheets
    main sheet
    all controls rigged symetric in the boat - adjust from the hull
    bottom canvas cover
    top canvas cover
    trailer with lights
    spare trailer tire
    bearing buddy for grease application

4. QuantumSlice

QuantumSlice New Member

The mast is a tapered aluminum design with rope slot for the luff... halyard is rigged with a "ball". hull is in great shape (my opinion). pretty much kept inside most of her life.

5. Bpyne

Bpyne New Member

I'm trying to get my boat set up. It is a 73 vanguard, and has been put together to the best that I can from what I have seen, I was wondering if you would be willing to snap some good detailed deck pictures and mast and boom pictures for me to review and see if I am missing anything.

6. QuantumSlice

QuantumSlice New Member

Hi, sure i will be up to the boat on Saturday. it isn't rigged at the moment though... you have a spinnaker ? if so, it may not be obvious. the jib/main should be straight forward. send me an email so we can talk - fparsons2018@gmail.com... cheers.

7. QuantumSlice

QuantumSlice New Member

the boat is sold... she went up to michigan. I posted on Craigs list in Toledo - promptly received numerous inquiries.