Upcoming Laser Midwinter (ISAF Grade 1) (Campbell Sailing)

Holland Wrap-up & Full Medal Race Report (Campbell Sailing)

*Photo: Delta Lloyd Regatta. Thanks to: Sperry Top-Sider, Magic Marine, Kaenon Polarized(note: the GPS attached to the lower mast, see bottom for race link)First Impressions:*Sailing a great qualifier series followed by an ugly day of gold fleet racing at Delta Lloyd Holland Regatta this past week was almost an opposite image of the Hyeres regatta [...]

More...

Sail Magazine Online Piece (Campbell Sailing)

Kimball Livingston has a new piece based on a recent conversation we had up on his website:*sailmagazine.blogspot.com. Link through to take a look.

More...

Training Block Upcoming - Cabarete, Republica Dominicana (Campbell Sailing)

After a week of rest and reloading for the coming month, I’m in the Dominican Republic for a 10 day training block before heading west and on to China for more training on site there. My Canadian buddy Dave Wright and I were on the same flight today out of Miami that arrived into Puerto [...]

More...

?Classic Caberete!? (Campbell Sailing)

??Those are the words out of the local’s mouths when we come in off the water each day here on the north shore of the Dominican Republic…. “Classic Cab!” The forecast looks like groundhog day: hot 88 degrees of air temp, 80 degrees of water temp, mostly to completely sunny, light easterlies before eleven o’clock, [...]

More...

US Sailing Team Website Spotlight (Campbell Sailing)

Check out the new spotlight interview on the US Olympic Sailing Team website:*click photo.**

More...

More from Cabarete (Campbell Sailing)

I’m back in the States for about 36 hours after a great two weeks in Cabarete, DR. After driving down from LAX last night to San Diego, I ship out tomorrow morning early for the next block of training on site in Qingdao, China. We did manage to get some really great classic Cabarete conditions [...]

More...

Foggy Qingdao (Campbell Sailing)

“No buddha, no boatracing” was our basic rule to decide whether to go out training on a given day. There is a fifty-foot tall gold statue protecting the harbor entrance about 200 yards from our container-basecamp in the boatpark. If it’s blanketed by fog, that’s usually the best indicator that it will be too difficult [...]

More...

Qingdao Report (Campbell Sailing)

The fog has come and gone these last couple weeks here in Qingdao. Most days we’ve had to live without any direct sunlight and visibility of a mile or less due to the low clouds. But a few days ago, just when we were losing hope altogether, the clouds broke, the color blue spread across [...]

More...

Associated Press Quote (Campbell Sailing)

The Associated Press as well as a number of other publications have continued running stories about the soupy sailing in Qingdao, CampbellSailing.com got a mention in this AP article (click the image to link to the story):

More...

Qingdao Training Clip (Campbell Sailing)

Happy to be home in San Diego celebrating America’s Independence Day. Have a great weekend and enjoy this video clip we put together from our Qingdao Training block last week:??

More...

Laser Europeans Under Way in Belgium (Campbell Sailing)

??Two days of the 2008 European Laser Championships have passed here in??Nieuwpoort, Belgium. The weather report can be summed up in two words: cold and windy. We’ve been joking about the fact that the wide beaches and hopping beach-side community would probably be really nice to visit in the summer. With cool crisp air running [...]

More...

(Campbell Sailing)

Five days have now been completed in Nieuwpoort, Belgium at the 2008 Laser Europeans. After one day with 5-8 knots of breeze from the north, the wind has gone relentlessly back to the west in another “Groundhog Day”-esque scenario. Every day when we wake up the clouds overwhelm the blue sky and there is a [...]

More...

Rose Garden Reception (Campbell Sailing)

Two days here in Washington before I head west for team processing and to China at the end of the week. Instead of hanging out with all my former teammates at their respective workplaces this morning Jackie and I spent a little time with George at the White House.????After shaking Mr. Bush’s hand and discussing [...]

More...

SanDiego Union-Tribune Article (Campbell Sailing)

The U-T’s Bill Center wrote a nice piece on Monday the 21st:??Click here.

More...

White House Dinner (Campbell Sailing)

P072108ED-0152President George W. Bush poses for a photo with Andrew Campbell, a member of the 2008 US Olympic Sailing Team, during the 2008 United States Summer Olympic Team visit to the White House Monday, July 21, 2008, in the Oval Office. White House photo by Eric Draper???? After the phenomenal experience of the reception and comments [...]

More...

SI.com: Georgetown's Top Ten All-Time Athletes (Campbell Sailing)

The Hoya faithful came upon a new spot on SportsIllustrated.com that lists their version of Georgetown’s Top Ten All-Time Athletes, and somehow I made the list coming in at number ten. Check out the site if you don’t believe it. I didn’t at first.??SI.com??Thanks GUST!The list according to the site:10. Andrew Campbell (sailing, 2003-2006)9. Greg [...]

More...

China Arrival (Campbell Sailing)

The majority of the US Olympic Sailing Team arrived in China on Sunday local time in preparation for the upcoming Olympic Regatta. For two days before we took the 12-hour flight we were in San Francisco and around the San Jose State University facilities going through USOC orientation and processing. This consisted of apparel distribution [...]

More...

Couple of New Articles (Campbell Sailing)

One new piece came out in Point Loma’s local newsreel about Graham’s mom Jerelyn and my mom Sherri: Enjoy Peninsula Beacon. ESPN The Magazine Online also published a piece about the US Sailing Team’s trip to the White House. Check ESPN.com?

More...

Re: Couple of New Articles (Campbell Sailing)

Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell run One-Design Management, and they are the secretaries of the Laser Class and also put out the Laser Sailor. I knew that Jerelyn's son Graham was going to the Olympics as a 470 sailor. The light bulb hadn't come on that Andrew Campbell is Sherri's son! Congratulations, proud Moms. And good luck to your boys.

Re: Couple of New Articles (Campbell Sailing)

Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell run One-Design Management, and they are the secretaries of the Laser Class and also put out the Laser Sailor. I knew that Jerelyn's son Graham was going to the Olympics as a 470 sailor. The light bulb hadn't come on that Andrew Campbell is Sherri's son! Congratulations, proud Moms. And good luck to your boys.

Holy Cow. Me neither!

Bouncing Balls, Eights, Fours, and the Official Boat Draw (Campbell Sailing)

In the first official act of this year’s Olympic sailing regatta we had the boat and board draw yesterday morning in the administration building across the road from the athlete’s village. About ten o’clock the Laser, Radial and RSX sailors their representatives scampered out of the air conditioning of the athletes village, hit the wall [...]

More...

Re: Bouncing Balls, Eights, Fours, and the Official Boat Draw (Campbell Sailing)

Interesting in that Laser Performance supplied the old style boards (warps and all) and not the new "flash" board from down under...

Re: Bouncing Balls, Eights, Fours, and the Official Boat Draw (Campbell Sailing)

Interesting in that Laser Performance supplied the old style boards (warps and all) and not the new "flash" board from down under...

I guess I don't follow... Laser Performance doesn't source their blades from PSA so I would not have expected to see the "flash" boards in China?

IIRC, one of the marketing points on the Aussie blade was the resistance to warping.
Being a high profile event in a very hot location, IMHO it seems like it might have been a good move for LP to go outside their normal supply chain to reduce the likelyhood of photos like the one on Andrew's site.

I can't understand why they aren't being made everywhere yet?

IIRC, one of the marketing points on the Aussie blade was the resistance to warping.
Being a high profile event in a very hot location, IMHO it seems like it might have been a good move for LP to go outside their normal supply chain to reduce the likelyhood of photos like the one on Andrew's site.

Well, I can say that in my personal experience at the Master Worlds I could not verify the claim of resistance to warping, as the one issued to me was definitely warped. And I don't think I was the only one.

Any Press is Good Press?? (Campbell Sailing)

Going on the old quip that “any press is good press,” I guess that the latest magazine spot in Cosmopolitan will have to fall under the good press category. I’ll be honest that I’m a bit more psyched about the SI.com Top-10 Georgetown Athletes than Cosmopolitan’s Top-10 Sexiest Olympic Athletes, but you can decide for [...]

More...

Back