Upcoming Laser Midwinter (ISAF Grade 1) (Campbell Sailing)

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by TLF, May 27, 2008.

1. TLF

TLF News Robot

Couple of New Articles (Campbell Sailing)

One new piece came out in Point Loma’s local newsreel about Graham’s mom Jerelyn and my mom Sherri: Enjoy Peninsula Beacon. ESPN The Magazine Online also published a piece about the US Sailing Team’s trip to the White House. Check ESPN.com?

More...

2. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Re: Couple of New Articles (Campbell Sailing)

Jerelyn Biehl and Sherri Campbell run One-Design Management, and they are the secretaries of the Laser Class and also put out the Laser Sailor. I knew that Jerelyn's son Graham was going to the Olympics as a 470 sailor. The light bulb hadn't come on that Andrew Campbell is Sherri's son! Congratulations, proud Moms. And good luck to your boys.

3. Rob B

Rob B Active Member

Re: Couple of New Articles (Campbell Sailing)

Holy Cow. Me neither!

4. TLF

TLF News Robot

Bouncing Balls, Eights, Fours, and the Official Boat Draw (Campbell Sailing)

In the first official act of this year’s Olympic sailing regatta we had the boat and board draw yesterday morning in the administration building across the road from the athlete’s village. About ten o’clock the Laser, Radial and RSX sailors their representatives scampered out of the air conditioning of the athletes village, hit the wall [...]

More...

5. 49208

49208 Tentmaker

Re: Bouncing Balls, Eights, Fours, and the Official Boat Draw (Campbell Sailing)

Interesting in that Laser Performance supplied the old style boards (warps and all) and not the new "flash" board from down under...

6. SFBayLaser

SFBayLaser Member

Re: Bouncing Balls, Eights, Fours, and the Official Boat Draw (Campbell Sailing)

I guess I don't follow... Laser Performance doesn't source their blades from PSA so I would not have expected to see the "flash" boards in China?

7. 49208

49208 Tentmaker

IIRC, one of the marketing points on the Aussie blade was the resistance to warping.
    Being a high profile event in a very hot location, IMHO it seems like it might have been a good move for LP to go outside their normal supply chain to reduce the likelyhood of photos like the one on Andrew's site.

8. Murphs

Murphs New Member

I can't understand why they aren't being made everywhere yet?

9. SFBayLaser

SFBayLaser Member

Well, I can say that in my personal experience at the Master Worlds I could not verify the claim of resistance to warping, as the one issued to me was definitely warped. And I don't think I was the only one.

10. TLF

TLF News Robot

Any Press is Good Press?? (Campbell Sailing)

Going on the old quip that “any press is good press,” I guess that the latest magazine spot in Cosmopolitan will have to fall under the good press category. I’ll be honest that I’m a bit more psyched about the SI.com Top-10 Georgetown Athletes than Cosmopolitan’s Top-10 Sexiest Olympic Athletes, but you can decide for [...]

More...