Two Complete Sunfish With Trailer

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by Jwaggy, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwaggy

Jwaggy New Member

City:
    Goshen
    State:
    In
    Cost:
    $5000 or best offer
    I have 2 Sunfish sailboats for sale. Both are dry and have been stored indoors for most of their life and have been in fresh water. Both boats have standard rigging one has a new sail that was removed from the package but never used the other was repaired at doyle sail loft. One of the boats is a Super Sunfish and I believe that I have all the rigging that goes with it as well as a sail in almost new condition (the Super sunfish is rigged like a Laser) it comes with a trailer with new 12"tires and new LED lights as well as a spare set of bearings. Clean title in hand. Also included for your benefit is a windboard with all parts and rigging. I hate to see them go, but my daughters' recent hospital stay was expensive. 19994-a5013b1e6effd9eac07f8b582fac5285.jpg 19998-9ca9d9c38e5b3dc4343eab96a0ee36ad.jpg 19997-32afa6e4451c34dd0a26e582f059ac9c.jpg 19996-d37ff6cc1643d401d5fa6eabccd7f942.jpg 19995-a2f4c99c14874c0ddee00c6827668676.jpg
    I am asking $4,000 (reduced from 5k) or make me an offer, who knows, you might get lucky.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. James Farinholt

James Farinholt New Member

Am seeking a couple of sunfish for children (4 older) & grandchildren (6 - most in 20's). Looking for newer/not old boats - what are the year/s on these two ? Any idea about arrangement & costs of shipping this setup to Virginia ?

3. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

Go to www.uship.com to get quotes from someone who can deliver these to you.

4. James Farinholt

thanks

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  5. James Farinholt

Year(s) of manufacture of the two ? Thanks

6. James Farinholt

Would you share your contact information - phone or email - so we might determine where to go from here ? Thanks

7. Jwaggy

Jwaggy New Member

They are both 1979. In very good shape.

8. dpape

dpape New Member

JWiggy,
    Are they still available or taken?

9. Jwaggy

Jwaggy New Member

They are still available.

10. crissie

crissie New Member

Still available today?

11. Jwaggy

Jwaggy New Member

Yes they are

12. crissie

crissie New Member

We live within a couple of hours of you, is there anytime that we could come and look at them?

13. Jwaggy

Jwaggy New Member

These are still available. No one has followed through yet.

14. dpape

dpape New Member

Hi Jwaggy, I think the issue is that you are asking just too much for the boats. Though they look to be in great shape, a 1979 model typically sells for $700-$800 each. No one wants to be insulting with an offer considering you are starting fairly high.

15. Jwaggy

Jwaggy New Member

In that case, I won't be insulted. just make me an offer

16. Thomas Anderson

Thomas Anderson New Member

Are your boats still for sale?

17. Jwaggy

Jwaggy New Member

Yes they are.

18. Sidney Shannon

Sidney Shannon New Member

Are your boats still for sale? I am ready to buy and live in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I'm ready to pay fair market value for 1979 Sunfish. What it the weight of the trailer with both boats? What size hitch is required? Thanks. Text works best for me @ 260-341-7205.

19. Sidney Shannon

Sidney Shannon New Member

If still available and in the condition you described, I will give you $800 for each boat plus a reasonable amount for the trailer. I'm not sure what it's worth. See my reply below. Thanks.

20. SmoothSailing

SmoothSailing Pirateer, Sunfish & Sailfish Owner

First off, so sorry to hear about your daughter's expensive hospital visit. Hope she's recovering well.

Secondly, I'm not in the market for a Sunfish at the moment (as we've got a Sailfish, Pirateer, Canoes, Kayaks, Inflatables, etc), but your trailer design caught my attention. I've got a very similar trailer myself, and am thinking about incorporating some of your Sunfish carrier design concepts onto my own.

Are/Were you happy with your Sunfish trailer setup? Anything you'd change? Very seriously considering replicating this, in some capacity. Only, in our case, I'd more like place Sailfish on bottom, then canoe/s and/or kayaks in middle, then sails/masts atop. Otherwise, same concept.

Regardless, all the best. Be well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.