trap harnesses

Discussion in 'Sailing Talk' started by 420racer, Aug 12, 2011.

1. 420racer

420racer New Member

hi,

Im fairly new to sailing and am starting to race 420s for the first time. i was wondering what trap harnesses are best for me. im 13, 5', 100 lbs.

thanks,
    420racer

2. Anthony Winnie

Anthony Winnie New Member

I have no experience trapezing off a mono haul but i have been trapezing on a hobie cat for a few years. I bought a hobie harness right off the bat and didn't consider any other harnesses. after seeing the gill ones I regretted my choice. heres a link to lots of good harnesses http://www.apsltd.com/c-3825-trapeze-harnesses.aspx good luck

3. Wavedancer

Wavedancer Upside down? Staff Member

420 racer:
    Just be really safety conscious. A girl of about your age died recently in the Annapolis (MD) area while trapezing on a 420. Although the exact reason for this tragedy has yet to be formally documented, it appears that she got trapped under the boat after a downwind death roll and drowned because she couldn't free herself.
    All this happened during a high school practice, supervised by an experienced coach.

4. 420racer

420racer New Member

thanks both of you. i just got a magic marine revolution and am extremely happy with it.