Trailex Ultralight Trailer For Sale

Discussion in 'Laser For Sale Ads' started by Chris Perez, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

Price:
    Trailex Ultralight trailer (1996) - Good condition. Located in Eastchester, NY. Sold to me missing the VIN number, although I was unaware at the time of purchase. Perhaps you have a legal plate or able to register it. $50. Email me at cnperez@yahoo.com.

2. racingkyle162

racingkyle162 New Member

how old is the trailer and could it be brought to toronto

3. csl9202@aol.com

csl9202@aol.com New Member

Is this trailer still for sale? Very interested.

4. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

Yes. I sold it to a fellow on Long Island. He could not register it because the VIN is missing. I did not know that so I took it back from the buyer with a full refund. I bought it a few years earlier from a sailing acquaintance in Massachusetts and have the bill of sale from the seller. I have not had time (inclination) to try to get it registered myself. It has a new wiring harness and lamps, and a new spare tire.

Let me know if you are interested.

Chris

5. csl9202@aol.com

6. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

No, I got duped. When I contacted him later, he said he always registered his trailers as home-made.

I have to believe that with the right person at DMV there is a way to get this registered.

I am going to get around to it soon, since my wife will not tolerate staring at it in the back yard all summer.

7. csl9202@aol.com

So I was looking on the NJ DMV site and it looks like we can register a trailer without a VIN if it is homemade, the DMV would assign it a VIN. It seems silly for you to register something that you want to sell. What if I try to register with my local DMV and if I can register it, then I will buy the trailer? Would you accept $250.00 for it if I can get it registered in NJ? Thanks for considering.

8. Chris Perez

Chris Perez New Member

$400 is a great price for this. It is worth $500 and hard to come by. I will settle for $350 if you would like to buy it.

Thanks.

9. csl9202@aol.com

That sounds fair! Can you send me the particulars about the trailer in as good detail as you can and your address so I can draft a bill of sale to bring to DMV to register? If that works my husband can pick up ASAP. Let me know! Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.