This Certainly is a Silly Thread

Should I add a poll to this thread?

• Total voters
are to!!!

102839__rocky_l.jpg

Is that on your Christmas list??

I am still waiting for my Buck Rodgers decoder ring

You and me both. My son is coming home today, so I've already got my Christmas!

I'm headed over to a friend's house. She and I are going to "box" with her Wii. Let you know how that goes. Maybe I have a new sport.

Merrily said:
... My son is coming home today, so I've already got my Christmas! ...
So, Merrily: Merry Christmas ;)

Merrily said:
... She and I are going to "box" with her Wii. Let you know how that goes. Maybe I have a new sport.
Naah Merrily, PS2 ! and Stingstar-Software.... for Christmas evening ;) Really a funny Christmas evening for all of the family is guaranteed ;)

My favorite "R..." is to be seen below at the photo (One of the most famous classical-"old style"-vehicles to carry the Laser Std. cartopped ... during the 70ties... :D :D )

To all: only a few hours time to get the presents - so: good hunting for Christmas presents :) :) :)

LooserLu
[PS: Merrily, did the "Santa Claus(e)" Premium-Express-Airmail-Service from GER did delivered "the" parcel???]

Attachments

• Renault R 4 from www_renault_dot_com _search4_R4.jpg
    Renault R 4 from www_renault_dot_com _search4_R4.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 51
My wife got a splinter off the handles of her garden wheelbarrow this morning so "new handles for Christmas" is an obvious thing..Yes, we do gardening in December here.

So I went to the store to look at the selection. Home Depot had a dozen True Temper brand handles so I went through the stack to see if I liked any of them.
Why? When I was a kid I played on a Little League team sponsored by the Union City, Pennsylvania True Temper factory. Our high school baseball field was largely paid for by True Temper. True Temper chipped in for the adult league Softball fields and even our tennis Courts.
When we were the Con's Hi Lo Market bowling team our arch rivals were the Firemen and the team with the True Temper Shirts.

The handles were imported.

Screw you Home Depot. You failed to buy locally and support those who have given to our communities. Your loyalty to the almighty dollar trumps your loyalty to those who are the very heart of the American way of life.

I went back to the shop, cut up a nice piece of live oak the 2005 Easter hail storm downed and made my own handles.

i want to wish you all a merry merry xmas ... and give you a drinking guage..

if you find the following attractive in any way .. you have drunk too much.

ugly-alan.jpg

I don't know, man. That's so gross I may have to delete it.

i want to wish you all a merry merry xmas ... and give you a drinking guage..

if you find the following attractive in any way .. you have drunk too much.

A 4.7 sailor got into a big mud puddle in the street and was looking for something there.
Soon two Radial sailors came over and asked him: "Hey, bud, what are you looking for?"
"You better give me a hand, men," said the 4.7 sailor.
The new arrivals walked into the puddle too and set about searching something unknown. At last the 4.7 sailor got out of the puddle and exclaimed: "I've found it!"
"What did you find?"
"The shore!" he exclaimed.

A bum, who obviously has seen more than his share of hard times, approached a well dressed gentleman near the yacht club.

"Hey, buddy, can you spare two dollars?" The well-dressed gentleman responds, "You are not going to spend it on liquor are you?" "No, sir, I don't drink," retorts the bum.

"You are not going to throw it away in some card game, are you?" asks the gentleman. "No way, I don't gamble," answers the bum. "

You wouldn't waste the money for sails, sailing gear, boots or boaT oat maintenance, would you?" asks the man. "Never," says the bum, "I don't sail."

The man asks the bum if he would like to come home with him for a home cooked meal.The bum accepts eagerly.

While they are heading for the man's house, the bum's curiosity gets the better of him. "Isn't your wife going to be angry when she sees a guy like me at your table?" "Probably," says the man, "but it will be worth it. I want her to see what happens to a guy who doesn't drink, gamble or sail."

If the tide comes high enough to rinse my floor there will be lots of clean ones almost everywhere.

could not see pic .. just a red cross merilly ... now that is the silliest thing i have seen in here yet .. how is anyone possible going to top that!

I've uploaded the file as a .jpg. I can see the original post. I wonder why you can't. Perhaps I've fallen into a parallel universe where the laws of physics are different. If that is the case, I'm hoping the laws of thermodynamics are changed and I can eat twice as much to maintain my figure and also brownies a la mode is now health food.

I've uploaded the file as a .jpg.

No Merry. I get an email sometimes, if there is a new reply at various threads of TLF. Refered to this thread here, I also got an email. There I have seen a long link and I opened this relpy of you directly at TLF and found the same red cross, like 'Reon'.

I can see the original post. I wonder why you can't.

I'm not an expert for this computer stuff but, from my experience it is a so called "timeout" problem. You can see it because you made the link, other users are not able to see it, in reason of a "timeout".

Perhaps I've fallen into a parallel universe where the laws of physics are different.

No no, Merrily. You are definitely living on this globe, in the same universe like we all.

Ciao
Not Albert E. or Sir Steven H. but the LooserLu

Hey now, that's really weird. The picture is just an X for me now, too. You can see the small one that I added later, right?

Hey now, that's really weird. The picture is just an X for me now, too.
Merrily, like I told you, you've chosen a link with a "timeout". Now, the timeout is to be valid also for you. That's a proof for you, that you are living in our universe and not in a parallel universe. ;)

You can see the small one that I added later, right?

It's the 'Attached Thumbnail'. It is saved at the TLF server, I guess. Yes, if I am logged in at TLF, I see that funny thumbnail. :) :)

Lu, it's not a link. I copied and pasted the actual picture, so I don't know what you are talking about. I've done it before with no problem.

Which post number are you referring to? I can see the picture in #279 just fine. You do have to be logged in to view thumbnails and/or the full version.

Which post number are you referring to? I can see the picture in #279 just fine. You do have to be logged in to view thumbnails and/or the full version.

Yes, I uploaded the .jpg and I think you can see it now, which I added (with my special magical editing powers!) after Reon said he could only see a red X. The red X is where I tried to place the original copy.

Back