This Certainly is a Silly Thread

Discussion in 'The Dockhouse' started by gouvernail, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Should I add a poll to this thread?

1. Yes

57.8%
  2. No

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

OOP sorry. I was watching the football game and smashed the keyboard when the wrong damn team scored

2. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

So in Texas there is only one "oop" and in Montana, one "yike." Maybe it's only us Ohioans who say "oops" and "yikes?"

3. Reon

Reon New Member

We "Oops" and "yikes" it here in the land down under :p

4. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

You expect accidenatal posts made by my elbows to be spelled correctly??

Here, and for the benefit of those who doubt evolution. I shall just randomly whack more keys>>>

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago-never mind how many long precisely-having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen, and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself involuntarily passing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberatly stepping onto the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off-then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself on his sword; I quietly take to the ship. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the ocean with me.

5. Merrily

Ish, here's something from my toes:

There now is your insular city of the Manhattoes, belted round by wharves as Indian isles by coral reefs - commerce surrounds it with her surf. Right and left, the streets take you waterward. Its extreme down-town is the battery, where that noble mole is washed by waves, and cooled by breezes, which a few hours previous were out of sight of land. Look at the crowds of water-gazers there.

6. Reon

Reon New Member

actually ... i think i could ctrl+c and Ctrl+p with my toes to... :D

7. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

So, inspired by this silliness, I start4ed a thread on sailing Anarchy where I ho[pe to post the entire book. So far in just a few hours we are 40 pages into the book.

I think there is some on line cut and pasting going on. I typed my parts.

There is not a copyrite problem, it has long ago expired.

8. Merrily

Cute. Some people DO have too much time.

But did you type it from memory? Yes, I cut and pasted with my toes.

It's copyright, Gouv. You make it sound like a sacred ceremony. (It sort of is to those of us who own one!)

9. Merrily

Harriett Beecher Stowe lost her copyright to Uncle Tom's Cabin. In her bid to stop illegal printing of her book, a judge denied her rights, saying she had written too important a book that was for the people. No one person could claim it. (or some such wording)

But that isn't silly. How about this?

Oo ee, oo aa aa, walla walla bing bang!

10. sailchris

sailchris Member

11. Merrily

Reciting one line of a work is not copyright infringement. You are just being silly. . .OH!

12. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

I had to go back and look three times to see why you were reminding me of the importance of kahpeerytz...then I realized it was my poor spelling upon which you were attempting to focus my limited attention..

Should I be giving you grief for leaving out "ting tang??" Or did you deliberately leave it out to avoid having to send a nickle to ASCAP??

13. Merrily

I do like to be frugle, but in this case, it is my limited memory of lyrics. And I thought it was the Purple People Eater song, not the Witch Doctor. How does the Purple People Eater song go, anyway? One of my brothers had a Purple People Eater plastic action figure. It was purple. It had to be one of the first Purple People Eater items and one of the first action figures. Obviously, I like typing Purple People Eater.

14. Reon

Reon New Member

There is a one eyed one horned flying purple people laser sailor, a one-eyed one-horned flying purple people laser sailor... kk im done thx bye

15. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

Shown here is a flying purple people beater.

[​IMG]

16. Merrily

Now that color combo'll make your eyes bleed! Purple hull, red, yellow, blue sail, and red haired guy. I hope your wife lays your clothes out in the morning for you, Gouv!

Er...or did you mean the powerboat? It's kind of hard to see the hull color of the Laser on my screen.

17. Reon

Reon New Member

lol ... i don't see a single piece of purple on that photo ... thats just silly ... oh yeh

18. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

Alright. Get a mirror. Look at the photo and hold your breath. Sooner or later you should see some purple.

Do you see any yet??

Now??

How about now??

19. Reon

Reon New Member

if i turn my monitor upside down .. and change the colour settings and the contrast ... i think i can see purple.

20. Merrily

I see Purple People. . .Eaters.

Ah, well, Halloween is over. We only got three Trick or Treaters. :( We live a bit out of the way. My husband used to dress up as a Mad Scientist to answer the door at our old house where we had dozens of kids. No use doing that here. So now I have to go eat a bag of candy--