The Road to Peeps (Easter Laser Regatta)

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by Merrily, Feb 26, 2008.

1. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

2. DK Sailor

DK Sailor New Member

good job

3. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Thank you. There's hardly any wind, but I'm going to rig and go out for a bit. I'll wear my dry suit! I have to get my boat off the launching dock and around to the ramp anyway. It's sunny and in the low 60s, that's 16 C for the rest of the world. It's a purdy day in Texas.

4. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

She went sailing one more time and then packed up the boat for a trip back to the snowy northland. It always surprises me how few snow birds come down for the Easter event. Some Minnesotans have figured it out and we always have a contingent from Minnetonka. I say the more the Merrileeer and with our huge camping areas, you can stay a few days on either side of the event and be welcomed thoroughly.

If the right guys can find Merrillleeeee tomorrow and convince Mr Merileeee to go along, they already have a big boat ride arranged.

5. DK Sailor

DK Sailor New Member

how long did it take you and id come but im in florida and my dad drives me to regattas

6. DK Sailor

DK Sailor New Member

also if you know wat pages are you two on in the pics
    thanks

7. Merrily

I had a nice peaceful sail late this afternoon and even hiked a bit with full cunningham on. Boat is mostly put away, just as the Fredster said.

I don't know what pages I'm in but I was wearing a red spray top, white baseball hat, and big sunglasses. My boat has a blue stripe and it's number 177349.

Fred wore a red life jacket and white floppy hat on the first day and a yellow jacket with red life jacket the second day. He looks like a Viking, sans horns. His sail has USA on it and his boat has a blue stripe.

Mr. Merrily and I went to an Irish pub on 6th street in downtown Austin this evening and had fish and chips. We tipped a few brews and listened to live music at several venues. There was a little bit of something for everybody, and a good time was had by all.

If we can get out on a big boat tomorrow, we will be happy. John's shoulders were really aching today from leaning off the rescue boat trying to untie the outhaul from the sheared off radial. The sail was partly under our boat and he couldn't reach the vang to release it. He's ready to sail tomorrow (today).

8. DK Sailor

DK Sailor New Member

I was able to find fred his boat says old poop.But not you.

9. Merrily

1077, 1143, 1243, 1244

10. Merrily

It's another lovely day in Texas, and there are whitecaps out there.

11. DK Sailor

DK Sailor New Member

isnt your tiller extention unnesisarilly long

excuse my spelling

12. Zoophyte

Zoophyte New Member

DK: Are you referring to the photo of Merrily sailing on Charleston Harbour in her websites Bio?

While they say size doesn't matter, its looks like an appropriate length to me and Merrily appears to be enjoying it so who are we to argue :)

How many inches is it M?

13. DK Sailor

DK Sailor New Member

14. Merrily

:D It is long enough.

You need an extension that long for when you are hiking out. It doesn't take long to get used to handling it.

15. Merrily

We went out on a San Juan 7.7 with a couple of guys. They needed us to hold the boat down. 20 to 25 knots. Main only. It was a hoot. My only task was to move from side to side with the tasks and not fall off the boat. As you may realize, not an easy feat!

16. jamesfreedman

jamesfreedman New Member

Look everyone Fred grew bunny ears over this event!

Attached Files:

17. Merrily

So long Fred and Bill and Austin Yacht Club. Thanks for all the breeze!

18. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

and there was wind too

I had to say it first

19. Ross B

Ross B Guest

So how long is it Merrily? I started with a 54 Fatso Jr, and now use their 48, both work pretty well.

20. bjmoose

bjmoose Member

The same "Eric Faust" as director of the North American J/24 Class Association?