Super Sunfish Sail, Mast & Boom Wanted

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by 2fish4me, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2fish4me

2fish4me New Member

Looking for a Super Sunfish sail, mast and boom set in good condition.
    Thanks!

2. cjobara

cjobara New Member

I have a sail (actually a Formula S). It is red/white/blue. This was the rig first developed for the Sunfish to compete with the Laser. When AMF/Alcort starting making the boat they called it the Super Sunfish. The only difference is my sail sleeves on like the Laser. I am asking $150 for the sail. I can send photos if you respond to cjo1023 at yahoo dot com. The sail is located in Rhode Island but I will ship for shipping costs. I have the mast and boom as well for my boat which I can measure for you.

3. wendybrown

wendybrown New Member

I have a regular sunfish sail and spars - are teh super sunfish ones larger, or is the boat itself just slightly larger?

If you want more info/photo, let me know! $175 for sail (great cond!) and spars and lines.

In pa - 19343.

4. 2fish4me

2fish4me New Member

Thx to Sailcrafti for the email...reviewing pix and doing some more reading up on the Super rig.

Wendy,
    Yes, the super sunfish rig (bermuda rig, like a laser) is different than the "standard" Sunfish rig (lateen rig). The Super Sunfish sail is larger. The boat length/beam is the same as the regular Sunfish.

found some pix online if you'd like to see them at http://www.sailingtexas.com/ssupersunfishb.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.