Super Porpoise S4530

retire_610

Hi everyone I was just given a super porpoise S4530 (that was uncerimoniously heading for the local dump!!!. I have pictures I took today. I was not looking for this type of boat,but this gal looks like a worthy project to behold.I would like to see pictures of this boat ,any pictures available.?I am not a sailor of much description but will learn in my retirement.I have found a site "Sailrite as to sail kits" I own and operate INNOVATIVE UPHOLSTERY" here in Prince George British Columbia Canadaso I could put the kits together. [email protected] Keep in touch Super Porpoise owners.

I used to own a Super Porpoise. They were made in Dowagiac, Michigan (my spelling may be off) but it was a fun boat to sail, a little heavier than a Sunfish with a true self-bailing cockpit. If you go this website, you can look at this class on their Sunfish clones pages:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunfish_sailor/

I think you have register on this site to use it but it's free and they have some good stuff on Sunfish-like boats.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Thanks Alan.This is not the boat I have been looking for but looks like a worthy project. I took some digital pictures the other day.She does need some TLC though. Mike.

I have an SP and it has been a lot of fun. They are slightly bigger than a standard sunfish so they have more room for a crew.
I am eager to see your pictures. :)

Braincorrel

I have an SP and it has been a lot of fun. They are slightly bigger than a standard sunfish so they have more room for a crew.
I am eager to see your pictures. :)

Braincorrel

HiI sent some pictures yesterday of the Super Porpoise I had recently come across and needs TLC. Where did the pics. go? I`m about as smart as a bag of hammers at times when it comes to certain computer applications. So If the pics shop ulet me know please. Or I could send them elsewhere. retire_610 [email protected] Prince George British Columbia Canada. P.S. she will be forsale when I get her spruced up. I am actually looking for a larger,wider boat to sail with my two Grand-daughters. I do have one in mind. Cheers Mike.

These two images purport to be "Super Porpoise". (See sail's symbol/logo).

(I have a Porpoise II, which is a shorter version of the Porpoise-looking hull in the black and white photo.) I don't know about the hull in the color photo. It doesn't appear to be "Porpoise". :confused:

images

sporp2.gif

Another site, which has specs to divulge the proper "board" boat:
http://www.shortypen.com/brdboat/

I also found that a new sail for the "Super Porpoise" is available from "catsailor" at $345. :eek:

BTW: There is a "manage attachments" area which will take you to "My Pictures". (Your pictures)

Click on the photo you want, and then click "open".

Back