Sunfish Sail

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by Pete Z, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete Z

Pete Z Member

City:
    Newport News
    State:
    Virginia
    Cost:
    $20
    I have a well used Sunfish sail that still has some use in it. Sorta saggy with a few small holes that have been taped over with sail tape. Certainly not good for racing but OK if you just want do recreational sailing.

2. joecffv

joecffv New Member

Hello, i'm in Richmond and want to buy your sail. I am restoring a sailfish and need a sail . I am not a sailor but assume it's what i need please let me know joe

3. Pete Z

Pete Z Member

Thought I had replied but maybe it didn't go thru. Anyway the sail is serviceable for a season or so. If you are still interested call Pete at 757 223 1776. By the way I also have upper & lower soars available.

Pete Z

4. joecffv

joecffv New Member

hello Pete,

joehere, to buy your sail info Joe LaPaglia, 8702 Laumic Dr., Richmond, Va. 23235 cell 804 247 4957 thanks

5. Pete Z

Pete Z Member

Will cost $13 to mail by UPS. Send me a postal money order for $33 and I will send the sail to you.
    Pete Zehmer
    955 Harpersville Road apt 2023
    Newport News VA 23601

Anything else you need for the boat?

Pete Z

6. joecffv

joecffv New Member

ok mailed it thanks

7. Pete Z

Pete Z Member

Sail will be UPSed tomorrow.

Pete

8. joecffv

joecffv New Member

hello Pete, i got the sail it looks good, thank you for a very good deal.

do i need special ropes. I'm going to have to look up how to do all the rigging

9. fhhuber

fhhuber Member

Stock way to attach the sail is with plastic clips.

You can use a 1/4 inch line such as parachute cord and lash the sail to the booms though. It works. (not legal for racing but I doubt you care) Just run the line through a grommet, around the boom and through the next grommet. When its through all grommets tie the ends off to the ends of the booms. You want this pretty tight so the sail stays with its edges just about touching the booms when you are sailing. *(there's a way to rig it so its adjustable, but that's a little more advanced)
    Saves you from having to buy a set of the rings. or lets you get sailing while waiting for them.

10. Pete Z

Pete Z Member

See Intesity Sails for the rings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Sunfish® sail requires 29 so you get one spare.

A029[​IMG]Regular price: $19.99[​IMG]Sale price: $11.99[​IMG]

You will need some 1/8 line to secure the outer ends of the sail on the upper and lower spars. You will also need anb "S" hook to secure the sail at the tack(forward end). You will also need some 5/16 line for a halyard, probably 20" or so. Do you have a gooseneck? You will need this to attach the sail rig to the mast.

Pete Z

11. fhhuber

fhhuber Member

And... there's a way to lash the boom to the mast while waiting for the gooseneck. :p

Yes... I've had to sail on the cheap before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.