Sunfish Rudder Upgrade Kit - complete and ready to install

Discussion in 'Sold Items' started by Alan Glos, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

For sale is a complete kit to allow you to upgrade your old style (pre-1972) Sunfish rudder system to the new style (post-1972) system. Included are:

-A completely reconditoned and refinished rudder and tiller off a late 1970s boat. The hardware is all cleaned up and polished, the wood rudder blade was taken down to bare wood and refinished with four coats of interlux varnish, and the tiller handle was taken down to bare wood and painted black for a modern look. Also included is a black aluminum tiller extension (Laser style) with a new Ronstan brand rubber universal attachment fitting.
    -A stainless steel, "U" shaped rudder gudgeon fitting, threaded internal back-up plate and matching stainless steel attachment screws with lock washers.
    -A new white Sea Dog 4" inspection port (still in the box) and matching pop rivets.
    -A short piece of aluminum edge trim to fill the gap when you remove the old bronze deck hardware.

A new kit from Annapolis Performance Sailing sells for $$455 + tax, shipping and handling. I am asking $310 + shipping.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

Attached Files:

2. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Lots of looks but no offers yet - I am reducing the price to $300 + shipping.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

3. gus0458

gus0458 New Member

I may be interested if you still have it. Any thoughts on what shipping to Florida would be?

Mark

4. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Mark,

Thanks for the note. E-mail me your full name and mailing address with zip (see e-mail address below) and I can get you an exact shipping cost. UPS Ground is probably the best value.

Alan Glos
    aglos @mail.colgate.edu

5. margaret

margaret New Member

Hi Alan,
    I was wondering if you sold your upgrade kit? I am interested too.
    Sister Margaret

6. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

The rudder upgrade kit has sold. Thank you for the inquiries and thank you Sunfish Forum.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

7. gus0458

gus0458 New Member

Alan,
    If u come up with another rudder upgrade kit, let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Thanks,
    Mark