Sunfish parts needed...

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by Alan Stewart, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Alan Stewart

Alan Stewart New Member

Looking for basically everything for a 1978 Sunfish - just got a hull (only), for free. Interested in good parts cheap - not overpriced used parts! I've owned, repaired, refurbished & resold hundreds of Sunfish & Lasers years ago when living on Cape Cod...

2. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

I have parts at fair market value, new and used. Contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com. Located in RI but can ship most items.

3. South Tower Demon

South Tower Demon Member

You probably realize your best bet will to be to buy a complete Sunfish locally on Craigslist or such, perhaps with a lousy hull so you get a good price.

4. Alan Stewart

Alan Stewart New Member

You got that right Mi Amigo! As the old saying goes: "One man's trash..."
    Actually I could shop anywhere on the East Coast as I frequently make runs up & down the Atlantic seaboard delivering & picking up trailers, boats & misc. parts.
    It's fun to be "semi-retired"(sic), in other words: out-of-work-without-a-pension...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mike L.

Mike L. New Member

Alan,

Not sure if you're still looking but I have a mast and spars I am trying to sell. Had a rudder but it's sold. I'm in NJ and here is the craigslist ad I've posted:
    Sunfish mast, spars and sail

Mike -
    Cranford, NJ

6. Al Courtines

Al Courtines New Member

I'm still on Cape Cod with tons of parts 508 428-8943 Cotuitbreeze@comcast.net

7. Noah Cooper

Noah Cooper New Member

Hello,
    I"m looking for a vertical pin for the old rudder assembly. Do you have this part? Thanks Noah

8. sailcraftri

I can make one as I have blank stock. Contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com for pricing.

9. Noah Cooper

Noah Cooper New Member

Hi your email keeps getting rejected. Can you try emailing me at nrcchef at hotmail dot com. Thanks Noah

10. Panzella

Panzella New Member

Hi all!

I worked at a Boy Scout camp in Upstate New York in my teen years (late 1980's) where part of my job was to teach small boat sailing. I had a passion for it and, when the camp upgraded equipment, I was "gifted" most of a 1963 AMF Alcort Sunfish which I still have including the hull (in good shape - everything from handle to gudgen), boom set and daggerboard. I now live in Central Florida and I plan to teach my kids how to sail. Part of it will be to build the rudder/tiller but I'm looking for an inexpensive mast and sail (both used or new). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

11. sailcraftri

I have some used sails starting at $50. I have new sails starting at $125.

12. Chadstx

Chadstx New Member

Do you still have the mast?

13. Mike L.

Mike L. New Member

Sorry, long gone.

14. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

I have several used Sunfish masts for sale at $60 each, you pick up in Cazenovia, NY, near Syracuse, NY. E-mail me at: aglos@colgate.edu if you are intereated.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

15. Chadstx

Chadstx New Member

Off the shelf new sails custom? Can I have letters numbers added?

16. Chadstx

Chadstx New Member

Hi I'm in south Florida the Alan S Glos on this thred has what you and I need you want to split shipping to Florida the mast? Tex me 3055429198

17. Chadstx

Chadstx New Member

Pan Zella and I on this thread life in Florida maybe him and I can consolidate a order from you to ship to Florida and split the cost ?

18. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

I can't ship a Sunfish mast (way too expensive) but I do have a nice rudder and tiller that would fit a 1963 fiberglass Sunfish, $125 + shipping. Contact me at: aglos@colgate.edu if interested in the rudder/tiller and/or see my ad on the "For sale" section here on the Sunfish Forum. Photos attached, rudder "X"

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

Attached Files: