Sunfish Parts and Gear Garage Sale

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by Alan Glos, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Here is my second annual Sunfish parts and gear garage sale. Contact me at: aglos@mail.colgate.edu for photos and more details on any item.

Fall 2009 Sunfish Parts and Gear Garage Sale Items
    Alan Glos (315) 655-8296 or aglos@mail.colgate.edu

·Rudder/tiller/tiller extension Assembly (“A”.) New Style (post 1972) in excellent condition. Refinished with Interlux varnish to better than new condition: $230. Compare to new $523 (FRP blade and aluminum tiller and extension – wood parts no longer available new.)

·Rudder/tiller/aluminum tiller Assembly (“B”.) New style (post 1872) in excellent condition. Refinished with Interlux varnish to better than new condition: $230. Compare to new $523 (FRP blade and aluminum tiller and extension – wood parts no longer available new.)

·Rudder/tiller/tiller extension Assembly (“C”.) New style (post 1972) New, old stock. Never used. Excellent condition. Original finish. $210. Compare to new $523 (FRP blade and aluminum tiller and extension – wood parts no longer available new.) Add $10 for one new coat of Interlux varnish.

·Rudder/tiller/tiller extension Assembly. Somewhat rare, pre-1972 solid bronze gudgeon head hardware with new style rudder blade design for improved steering and control over the original rounded blade shape: $175.

·Wood tiller extension with attachment bolt and nut. Refinished: $10

·Daggerboard. (“A”) Original, round bottom design. Excellent condition and new Interlux varnish: $77. Compare to $231 new, Barrington style daggerboard.

·Daggerboard (“B”) Original, round bottom design. Excellent condition and new Interlux varnish. Some wood filler shows in some places: $75. Compare to $231 new, Barrington style daggerboard.

·Daggerboard (“C”) Tapered 1972 – 1980 “Shadow” design. Excellent condition with new Interlux varnish. Some wood filler shows in some places: $65. Compare to $231 new, Barrington style daggerboard.

·Daggerboard. Barrington design 1980 – 1993. New, old stock. Never used. Original finish. Excellent condition: $95. Compare to $231 new, Barrington style daggerborad. Add $10 for one new coat of Interlux varnish.

·Two sets of pre-1972 bronze and brass deck hardware. Includes all rudder attachment hardware including the now rare brass toggle pin and retaining chain, halyard block, halyard cleat, mainsheet hook for cockpit coaming, vintage stainless steel 3-loop bridle and corresponding deck eyes, deck screw-in drain fitting. Mounting screws included. Burnished to better than new finish: $49 per set.

·Two bronze gooseneck fittings with tightening screw. Burnished to better than new finish. $35 each. Compare to $77 new.

·Cast aluminum DePersia bailer assembly with new, rare screw-in plug, ball and rubber gaskets in very good condition: $40

·Several masts, booms and gaffs. Best offer. Pick-up only due to prohibitive shipping costs

·Several full sets of aluminum deck edge trim. Best offer. Pick up only due to prohibitive shipping costs.

Terms: Order thru Alan Glos (aglos@mail.colgate.edu) Send check or Money Order for item cost + shipping (usually UPS Ground which includes tracking and $100 insurance) or USPS or USPS Flat Rate box OR pick up in Cazenovia, NY. If not as described, return at your shipping expense for full item cost refund.

Alan Glos
    4627 East Lake Road
    Cazenovia, NY 13035 (1/2 hour southeast of Syracuse, NY)

2. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Update: The following items have sold:

• Ruder/tiller assembly "B" (3 other rudder/tiller assemblies left)
    • Barrington daggerboard (3 other daggerboards left)
    • One set of pre-1972 bronse and brass deck hardware (one set left)
    • One mast (several spars left)

The rest of the items are still available as priced above. Photos available upon request.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

3. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Daggerboard "A" has sold. Two others are still available.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

4. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Update: A spar set and a gooseneck have sold. All other parts and gear still available.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

5. Waldo

Waldo New Member

I aminterested in your last set of of pre-1972 bronze and brass deck hardware. Includes all rudder attachment hardware including the now rare brass toggle pin and retaining chain, halyard block, halyard cleat, mainsheet hook for cockpit coaming, vintage stainless steel 3-loop bridle and corresponding deck eyes, deck screw-in drain fitting. Mounting screws included. Burnished to better than new finish: $49 per set.

I am restoring a pre 1971 Sunfish and would like to keep all orginal. I need a couple of the deck pieces but mainly insterested in the rudder hardware. I have some of the orginal but not what I need to cmplete.

Can you send pictures of the rudder hardward to wood.dog@live.com.

You are welcome to call anytime.

Walter Norris
    901-491-8305

6. Alan Glos

Alan Glos Active Member

Update: All of the new style (post-1972) rudder assemblies have sold but I still have one very nice pre-1972 rudder assembly as described and many other parts and gear. E-mail me at: aglos@mail.colgate.edu if you are interested.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

7. Phillster

Phillster Member

I have bought from Alan and it was a fine experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.