Sunfish Daggerboard - Mahogany - $350 - Navarre, Fl

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by signal charlie, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signal charlie

signal charlie Well-Known Member Staff Member

New custom made mahogany daggerboard for Sunfish sailboat. Gentle faired edges, 36 inches from stop, mahogany stop cleats with stainless hardware, marine varnish, plus a carrying handle. This daggerboard is a hybrid design that blends features of the second and third generation boards, but made of tight grained mahogany versus GRP. The entire board is 41 inches. The stop is at 36 inches, and it can go as high as 39 inches and still be below the handle cutout.
    Upgrade your boat today with the classic look of solid wood and have a great day sailing!
    Cash, check or credit (paypal) accepted. Will ship UPS, USPS, or Fedex, buyer pays shipping from 32566
    (850) 449-4841

Attached Files:

2. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

Is the 39 inches the entire length of the daggerboard or the dimension from the stop/handles to the bottom of the blade?

3. signal charlie

The entire board is 41 inches. The stop is at 36 inches, and it can go as high as 39 inches and still be below the handle cutout.

4. tag

tag my2fish

just curious (and I don't mean to be rude), but are you really asking $350 for a custom home-made wood daggerboard? you can buy a class-legal FRP board for that price at APS. or you can buy a replica from Intensity Sails for half that price ($170).

5. signal charlie

Hi tag

Yes that's the asking price. It is $7 less than a plastic daggerboard. The sites you mentioned are fantastic places to buy FRP boards! Yankee Boating Center also has GRP daggerboards also, they even include a plastic stop set!
    We are selling to folks who want the classic look and feel of a wooden daggerboard, and a wooden rudder and tiller. I didn't see where APS or YBC offered that. Folks can also find old, used wooden daggerboards, rudders and tillers on this forum, craigslist, ebay etc...that need sprucing up, sometimes at great prices. However it happens, every board has a boat and every boat has a board that suits the customer's needs.

Cheers,
    kb

6. tag

tag my2fish

sounds good, kb. like I said, I didn't mean to be rude or anything - just wanted to double check. good luck with your sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.