Sunfish club in Rhode Island?

dannyohara

Hi all, I am relocating to RI due to a new job. Can anyone suggest a sunfish club/fleet in the area? I am hoping to get involved in some local racing.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Mike, It looks like there are a few fleets nearby. I'll write to the local captains.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience in that area I'd love to hear about them.

Appreciate the link, thanks again.

I would suggest looking at the racing schedule at the top of this forum. The New England section will list the clubs active enough to hold events. The Barrington YC comes to mind as a very active fleet. They hold a regional every year and the occasional National. They also have frostbiting.

Welcome to New England!

Contact John Fonseca at [email protected] to find out about Sunfish racing in RI.
He is the New England Sunfish Class representative and should know of fleets that are not listed in the class schedule.

Barrington and Edgewood YCs (on opposite sides of Narragansett Bay) have active frostbiting fleets, I don't know about their other racing.

Pete

Wow Peter, your as quick as ever.

I was just coming on here to tell Dan to check his email because I just sent him a welcoming letter.

John Fonseca
NE Regional Representative

Hey, Thanks everyone...

It looks like there is a great presence in the area. Thanks for all of the help.

John has indeed sent me a note with the details.

See everyone on the water soon.

Back