Sunfish "auto Pilot"?

Michael Owen

I found a neat and cheap way of keeping my Sunfish going fairly straight without touching the tiller.
Velcro.......The self adhesive type. Stick an eight inch strip of hook to the hull where the end of the tiller touches the hull. Center it with the tiller centered on the deck.
Take a three inch piece of loop and wrap it round the end of the tiller arm. Play with the positioning till you sail in a straight line.
I had to insert a couple of stainless screws in the rudder so the tiller arm attached itself to the vecro.
Try it. It really works.

Good idea. My grandkids hv me txtng and facebkng all the tm now, so I am sailng w sheet in clmcleat n txtng with fwd hnd. Nw I cn clt the sheet n vlcro my tller, and I can fbook n txt w bth hnds. Thx. Grt idea!:)

Good idea. My grandkids hv me txtng and facebkng all the tm now, so I am sailng w sheet in clmcleat n txtng with fwd hnd. Nw I cn clt the sheet n vlcro my tller, and I can fbook n txt w bth hnds. Thx. Grt idea!:)
I did the same. A small jam cleat each side of the cockpit verticle sides. Works brilliantly.

Back