Sunbrella Boat Cover

c14_DMS

About six months ago, I was looking to purchase a high quality Sunbrella cover to go over my entire C14.2, including the hull of the boat. I live in a very sunny state and I wanted to protect the entire boat from the sun. I found a seamstress who makes large, park type awning covers and she made me a custom cover. I did not anticipate the quality nor fit that she delivered. Notice the pockets for all of the protruding hardware, including the motor mount. She installed 10 grommets on the topside to enable ventilation and prevent water from puddling on the top. The straps are made of seatbelt material and are sewn across the top to distribute the force when cinched.

Now that she has a pattern, she said she could make more of them. Her price is $560.

I have no financial interest in her company. If you are interested, her contact Information is:
Cutting Edge Sewing
480-966-9383
[email protected]

IMGP0921.jpg

IMGP0922.jpg

That cover looks fantastic! Much better than the silver tarp currently strapped over my 14.

Does the water just fall into the cockpit of the boat? What happen then? Out the cockpit drain?

We get tons of sun here in western Colorado as well...but also loads of snow. I don't want that water just sitting in the cockpit, only to later freeze. Think this would keep it out?

I like it -

cptmoney

>>> That cover looks fantastic! Much better than the silver tarp currently strapped over my 14.

Response: Thanks for the complement on the look. I had the option of choosing from a multiple colors of Sunbrella, but I chose grey because I have read that grey does not absorb heat as much as some of the other colors, like blue. It also does not show fading as much.

>>> Does the water just fall into the cockpit of the boat? What happen then? Out the cockpit drain?

Response: The 10 grommets are placed so that the water will drain into the cockpit. I store the boat with the bow at a higher elevation than the stern, so the water will drain from the cover to the cockpit and then out through the stern drain holes.

>>> We get tons of sun here in western Colorado as well...but also loads of snow. I don't want that water just sitting in the cockpit, only to later freeze. Think this would keep it out?

Response: I think the water is not a problem, but you might want to create some type of a "Teepee" configuration in the cockput area so the weight of the snow does not sit in the middle of the cockpit on the cover causing it to stretch.

Back