Stuck Drainplug

Discussion in 'Sunfish Talk' started by wev162, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Wayne

Wayne Member Emeritus

Works fantastic with the cutting guide (cheap by comparison to other attachments). Maintains a good clean and perpendicular cut.

[​IMG]

2. petersarazin

petersarazin New Member

The replacement metal drain plug w/chain (part #65015) fit my 1980 Sunfish just fine.

You can also get the complete metal drain plug kit that also includes the housing and two new metal pins

3. Wayne

Wayne Member Emeritus

Thanks for that feedback.

4. SoDoWarts

SoDoWarts New Member

I've got a '73 with same problem but I'm looking at the various replacement part options. I'd like to put in the black one (# 79457that 's sort of shaped like an oval and has a screw on both sides but the parts site say that it's for 1995s or later. Has anyone used this part on a pre '95 boat and does it fit the 73 hole? It seem to be the easier replacement option. Or also, does the White 79458 twist and lock plug work on a pre 95? THanks:)

5. ylojelo

ylojelo Member

Id have to check the part number, but I got my black ones from APS (they were the ones they recommended) for my two SF, a '73 & a '74. A half -round file did the work of widening the hole to make it fit, and that took all of 4 minutes. Some sealant and two pan head 1/2" SS screws finished the job.