SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE CHAMPIONSHIPS (BRA)

D

drLaser

Hi,

Following announcement from Carlos Fanucchi <[email protected]>, Ex-President of ABCL (ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DA CLASSE LASER) 2000-2002, and contact person for the Championships. Terms in square brackets are revisions by me.

Regards,

Shevy Gunter
Member, ILCA

-------------------------
SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE LASER CHAMPIONSHIPS
December 11-15, 2002

Dear [***],

I am writing you this message in order to invite American sailors to participate in the Southern Hemisphere Championships. This is a relatively new event (this is the 3rd time we are hosting it) ponsored by the Central & South American Region. It is supposed to be the second large event in South America, and we intend to expand it to other Southern Hemisphere countries such as South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, in order to promote integration between these countries.

Participation of sailors from other parts of the Globe is also encouraged, as December is low season for many of you and it is a nice opportunity to sail in warm wheather and water. Finally, Brazil is currently very cheap for americans due to our currency's devaluation. Therefore, this is a great opportunity for your sailors to participate in an international event in South America.

The event's website is http://www.esporteclube.com/hemisferio . If there are any technical questions [regarding the web site], please contact [email protected] (our webmaster).

[The web site includes the
NOR
Charter information
Site details
Travel & Accommodations Info
and even a letter form Scheidt, reproduced below.]

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Carlos Fanucchi

[
Address:
International Laser Class Association
Central & South American Office
Rua Comendador Elias Zarzur, 1455
São Paulo – SP – Brazil.

Cellular 04736-002
Telephone +55 11 5548-0898
Fax +55 11 5548-8423
email: [email protected]
]

-----------------------
[
LETTER FROM ROBERT SCHEIDT

From the 11th to the 15th of December, the Southern Hemisphere Laser Championships will be held in the small city of Sao sebastiao, on the coast of the State of Sao Paulo, some 200 kilometers from Sao Paulo.

I am participating in this event, especially as it is an excellent opportunity for me to compete at one of the best places for sailing in Brazil. As a matter of fact, this is the same venue where I usually train, as it is opposite Ilhabela, the island where I have been spending my free time since I was a child.

The water is warm, the winds are excellent and the nature is wonderful. You can find hotels and inns at very reasonable prices and the food is cheap too. It's a great opportunity to get away from the cold and unfriendly climate in the Northern Hemisphere.

Come therefore and join us in this great event! I hope to see you there.

Yours,

Robert Scheidt
]

Back