Something to get you stoked for the new season!

Webfoot

Gotta love it. . . Sailing that is!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDToL593cmU&feature=related"]YouTube- Sailing[/ame]

that was pretty intense! I'm sure part of it was the editing, but it sure seemed like there was just as much capsizing going on as there was sailing! those 470's were flying, though.

thanks for sharing. it's snowing outside right now, so my sailing season is still several months away.

tag

That is awesome! I took my brother out on a local lake two weeks ago when it was about 70 degrees outside...the water was NOT 70o. it was about 45...

The wind through us for a loop blowing consistently between 15-20 (full whitecaps?) and supposively gusting to 30knts. We lost a couple of sail rings from them being brittle and the heavy winds.
It was everything in my power as a rec sailor to not capsize in that freezzzzing water!

time to break out the wetsuits =)

I am way too old to be doing that now but brings back great memories. I race in bigger boats these days where I can stay on board when helming. Having said that I have had 23.5kts out of my Melges24!

Speaking of Frostbite sailing, check out this months issue of Wooden Boat mag. Article on Rhodes Penguin. Beautiful frostbite racer, no flotation so you had lots of incentive not to tip over. Would hate to do all that work building it and then watch it make a one way trip to Davy Jones.

Speaking of Frostbite sailing, check out this months issue of Wooden Boat mag. Article on Rhodes Penguin. Beautiful frostbite racer, no flotation so you had lots of incentive not to tip over. Would hate to do all that work building it and then watch it make a one way trip to Davy Jones.

Umm, wood floats. I've capsized in a wooden Thistle with no flotation and there was no problem. Except I was wet.

Umm, wood floats. I've capsized in a wooden Thistle with no flotation and there was no problem. Except I was wet.

Hmmm.... I think much depends on your definition of "floating" :rolleyes:

swamped_canoe1233810239.jpg
laser41.jpg

Nice video, I miss 470s. I've been sailing my Melges 24 for awhile, but its for sale due to a move to the mainland US soon.

Back