Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by laserz, Oct 4, 2009.
Because I don't want people knowing who I am?
That's pretty much it.
So suppose someone were to post a bunch of "Dr. Crash" type photos, with the faces and sail numbers blanked out, and claim that they were you? Here's Shatty capsizing at the start. Here's Shatty mooning the race committee.
Then again if nobody knows who you are, it probably doesn't matter.
Oh come on you chickens! I didn't change my face and I have a valid reason to fear for my life !!
Here's a picture of me being chased by a Spanish Pirate (he was after my ship). You can see the grim look of determination on his face behind me....
I was running for my life!
Good for the little guy....nice boats
Looks like you've been using Shatty's workout !...Try holdin yer sheet in them teeth yer showin...and hike HARD!
It would be hard to get me spinach in me gizzard if me had a sheet in me teeth
You tryin' to start somethin', brah?
Shatty007, unpleasant anonymous posters are not welcome at TLF.
..Naaaah..what i'm sayin is that Marvin the pirate would gladly keep that head if he could keep that bod!..
1) Was a joke...
2) What's wrong with anonymity?
Careful mately...this is what happens when I eats me spinnach...
1. Glad it was a joke, but after the kerfuffle over the weight lifting program, it's hard to tell.
2. Anonymous posters often don't care what they say. They feel they can post with impunity because no one knows who they are. As long as an anonymous poster remains civil, there's no problem.
....lets see some more boats before a hulk pirate turns into godzilla!
1. Haha. It's hard to tell just how things are said over the internet. They sometimes come across in a more malicious manner than intended.
Side note re: that thread: I deadlifted
last night. Everything up to the 365 was essentially warming up and I left 415 (maybe even 420) in the tank. I weigh around 186 lbs...Just sayin'.
2. Well, to a certain degree, you're correct. Some would say that is the beauty of the internet. There's no reason to be unnecessarily nasty, but hey, stuff happens.
I think you're having an identity crisis about two weeks too late.
Hey the guy in this ad (the one on the left) looks just like me. Could be my twin.
Will offer a reward 2 anyone who can tell me who it is.
ps. The reward may be less tangible then more traditional one's
...is it you??....what do I win?
No it's not me (lol)
Will never ever ever be in an ad for Lasers. In fact people I know have decided not to buy a Laser after watching me sail.
Serious about the twin thing tho.
...yeah after a day of sailing at the lake I frequent..I get "compliments" like ..."the bottom of your boat sure looks good".....ahh thanks
Stuff doesn't happen for long on TLF, and few of us care how much you can deadlift.
Separate names with a comma.