SELL ME A BOAT

Discussion in 'Laser Wanted Ads' started by geoff, Oct 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris

chris New Member

well macwas16, the laser is still around because it is a strong fleet and there hasn't been any new boat to challenge it

2. kwilson

kwilson New Member

Re: ummm...k

[quote:a1b28d48bd="macwas16"][quote:a1b28d48bd]the reason that L2s are dying is the cursed 29er. a new boat comes on to the market and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and gets the boat, thus killing other fleets.
    [/quote:a1b28d48bd]

if your theory is true, then why is the laser still around?[/quote:a1b28d48bd]

That section of the market is saturated with amazing boats that are strong with class support, tradition and top notch competition. The L2 is on the bottom of a long list of boats that have held the establishment, (youth racing, juniors sailing squads), all over the world.

Boats like the club 420....and subsequent lightning and Thistle class will always be stronger. Take a ride in a L2 and then a Thistle, you'll be sold. If you learn downwind sailing in a Thistle....... the right way, you'll realize why boats like the L2 have hard times thriving. :!: 8)

3. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

ummm...k

i truly did know the answer to my question i just wanted to challenge the theory...that's all

4. Novie

Novie New Member

L2's are the shiznaat! (really sweet)
    I think they are way more fun than singlehanded boats. Actually, any doublehanded boat is more fun than a single (everything but 420's of course!) Here on the east coast we still get 10-15 boat fleets, but yeah they are a dying class. There's still so many in central Canada though... Get a 29er if anything though. That's where it's at! You can almost get a good 29er for almost as little as a good L2.

5. chris

chris New Member

wanted

do not buy a 29er. i think they should all be put in a container and sunk to the bottom of the ocean

6. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

ummm...k

why do you think that? do you have any appreciation of the Bethwaite fleet? shame on you they kick but!!

7. ludachris

ludachris New Member

ENOUGH ALREADY!!

Okay i think its time that we cann every type of double handed boat and restrict double handed boats to the one, the only, the infamous, ECHO!!!!
    ECHO's rock, they have rainbow sails, bathtub type hulls, wooden blades, 3, count them, 3!!! shrounds, and a whole lotta attitude!!
    p.s- CYCDHET=chester yacht club double handed echo team 2003.

8. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

ummm...k

so what an aussie 18 would kick echo arse! :)

9. chris

chris New Member

wanted

i agree with ludachris, the Bethwaite fleet whatever, a bunch of clowns in skiffs

10. macwas16

macwas16 New Member

ummm...k

ok who agrees with me that the bethwaite fleet beets anything?

11. chris

chris New Member

wanted

no me, skiffs are for no talent a$$ clowns that can only sail in a stright lines

12. mattsterett

mattsterett New Member

While the Laser 2 fleet may grow, it is growing due to the recycling of older boats. Besides special orders, Vanguard makes only 6 boats each year.

13. romanlaw

romanlaw New Member

I have a 1984 Laser II for sale near Detroit, Michigan. Boat has been in storage for at least 15 years indoors. Covers for boat, Rudder and Sail.

14. Laser Racer

Laser Racer New Member

Getting somewhat back to the original post...

I am selling my 1998 Laser. I live in Nova Scotia... so I guess it depends on how much driving you are willing to do. ;)

it is a great boat and comes with a dolly, 3 sails, carbon fiber tiller/extension, spectron lines, and a hull cover. $5,000

let me know if you have any questions

denman@thewebpeople.ca

Duncan

15. MCE

MCE New Member

Roman,

Please contact me concerning your Laser 2 for sale. I am interested.

Mason Eubank
    yobgip@hotmail.com
    859-442-0742

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.