Scorpion hardware

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by baseman, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baseman

baseman On the Water

I have a Scorpion that has been in my family since the mid 60's. The hull has suffered from neglect (not by me, my brother has had the boat since the mid 80's). I think the hull is in such bad shape that it is not worth restoring (at least not by me). I've decided to part it out. All the original hardware is intact, deck cleats, bridle, etc. I have all the rudder parts, the original tiller and a daggerboard with the original double spring. No spars. No trailor. The bailor probably still works, but I'd have to cut it out of the cockpit and try to get the nut loose. If anyone is interested contact me at peterbradley at comcast dot net. The boat is in S. NH. I have no set prices, so make me an offer.
    Anyone who want's the hull can have it for free.

2. gfish

gfish New Member

Do you know if the rudder hardware is interchangeable with an '83 sunfish?

3. baseman

baseman On the Water

It's not likely it will work. The rudder gudgeon is completely different from anything ever used on a Sunfish.

4. Kay Hilton

Kay Hilton Scorpion67

I'm looking for a 1967 Scorpion daggerboard with the original double spring and maybe deck cleats, bridle, etc. the original tiller and rudder parts. Our bailer does not work so I just don't use it. We replaced the rudder but it does not steer like the original. I could offer $100 plus shipping and handling to Pinckney, Michigan. The sail is also ripped in half. The hull floats but gets heavy with water during each use.

5. baseman

baseman On the Water

Kay. please contact me at peterbradley at comcast dot net so I can give you more details about what I have. Too much info to post here.

6. Don Novello

Don Novello New Member

still for sale?

7. baseman

baseman On the Water

Yes everything is still for sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.