Scheduling...Thoughts on what's right for us

Discussion in 'Laser Class Politics' started by gouvernail, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Eric_R

Eric_R D10 Secretary

I know if you email Sherri she can send you a copy of the spreadsheet for what's upcoming in the next few years. I saw a copy of it recently and it does go out a few years for both the Laser and Master events.

But agreed it should be back up on the site somewhere so we can get an idea of where everything will be in the future.

2. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

reading note:
    Please read my posts as intended positive helping written by somebody who holds grudges well and has a hard time teaching others how to do any portions of a job from which he was forcefully removed.

About the scheduling>>>

I just returned from the masters North American Championships.
    We all had a great time. We all got to see lots of wonderful people and renew old friendships and we had the usual hour of folks standing up in front of teh assembled folks at dinners and trophy presentations laying on loads of thanks to all involved.

IF ONE OF THOSE FELLOWS IN FRONT OF THE ROOM HAD BEEN PITCHING THE 2010 EVENT, SOME OF US WOULD HAVE USED THE OPPORTUNITY RIGHT THERE AT THAT VERY MOMENT TO BEGIN MAKING PLANS TO ATTEND!!!!

It simply tears me up that in 2000 I had already established a policy of announcing "next year at this year" and that ten years later we have forgotton how absolutly wonderfully successful that program was.

There simply is no rational resistance to re-establishing this policy and I don't know who we need to convince or who needs to get on board and realize it is simple to accomplish and great for the entire fleet and has zero downsides..

but.. I'm screaming at you!!!

There are probably a dozen guys who WILL NOT be a teh 2010 North American Laser masters Championships who would ahve been gherte is they ahd been aking plans to attend while they were in Wrightsville beach.

And

the real honmest to god truth is these guys don't get together all that often and

The fact we didn't invite them to next year's event means it is very likely some of us will not see each other again before we die

and others will never meet and so on and so forth.

I am frustrated because I just don't get the resistance to doing the very simple work..

Which I have repeatedly pointed out (scheduling to an open calendar being very easy ) is not really work at all.

Advance scheduling really is, to this fellow, a matter of life and death.

3. Eric_R

Eric_R D10 Secretary

Don't know if anyone noticed but the Major event calenders for 2010 and 2011 are up on the class site.

It's all underneath the Calender tab.