Sayc

R

Ross B

so who's gonna join?

I know this is going to be popular with people such as Laser sailors that want to join a club for cheap, especially so they can go places and race.

I joined, will you?

Say, what? Pay $15 for a "virtual" yacht club? Hmm, interesting idea for a group that is forever griping about the high cost of everything associated with Lasering. . . we're obviously not paying enough if we can afford to pay $15 a year for something that doesn't physically exist.

Why not try one for free like SSC ttp://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/ssc/ all it costs you is running your printer or a stamp and envelope and you get the same benefits as the SAYC. No doubt there are others that are similarly free, maybe even some local "paper" club.

for he more expensive membership, you get burgees, jacket and such

I consider it a sailing version of surfrider, but different

and they don't just grip about the high cost of laser sailing, they talk about other stuff too, like everything do to with sailing

and remember that we seem to talk about the high cost of Laser sailing all too

Well this seems like an ploy to make some easy money at SA. Its actually a pretty good (business) idea on their part. At least they are honest about the purpose "Sailing Anarchy Yacht Club is a for profit club and membership does not provide in any way equity of any kind." I think we will be starting the TLFYC next week! :D Personally, I would spend the $15-$250 on some laser gear or donate it to a local kids sailing team.

Cheers,

the cool thing is, they have offered to sponsor races

"One of the things we fully intend on doing is supporting programs that provide access to community sailing, juniors programs and leveraging our membership size to gain sponsorship for local sailing programs through strategic partnerships with participating vendors. The idea of SAYC stems from the need that people have to gain access to an affordable club that is recognized as an official US Sailing organization. It also offers an alternative to the stuffy blue blazer clubs many of you are forced to join if your area does not have a good paper club. We also recognize that this does little or nothing for those of you who are not in the US and would welcome comments or suggestions similar to what we heard back when this idea was batted about from the Australians who frequent the site."

all about giving back to the community

they are also a US Ailing YC approved

its just a good alternative to a blue blazer YC if you don't feel like paying the big bucks and still want to be apart of a YC

I guess I should have read a little more about it...Sounds like its a little more legit than I originally thought.

Back