SAILFISH Sailboat – Olympic Colors; Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by CAKGTSUNFISH, Aug 25, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CAKGTSUNFISH

CAKGTSUNFISH New Member

City:
    Reading
    State:
    PA
    Cost:
    $850
    SAILFISH Sailboat – Olympic Colors Excellent Condition

1972 AMF Alcort Super SAILFISH MK-II Sailboat. Original Excellent like new condition. The Sailfish was the predecessor to the Sunfish. All white boat with red and blue racing stripes across the bow. Olympic colored sail; red, white, and blue. Always stored in garage and never left outside except when in use. Only used a handful of times, stored raised in garage all of its life. No salt water ever. Bought from original owner who bought brand new in 1972. This is a beautiful example of an old classic & a piece of sailing history. Length 13' 8" and weights 98 lbs.

ckeller@firstenergycorp.com

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

Wow! That's the best looking fiberglass Sailfish I have ever seen, well worth the asking price for somebody who wants to own a rare boat. Question? Is the rudder blade with the "solid"
    bronze rudder head fitting original to the boat? They were only in production for the Sunfish for a few years starting in 1972 but I have never seen one on a fiberglass Sailfish.

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

3. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

Alan I have had some rudder heads with the short vertical plate so I assume that there was a time period when even the Sailfish was getting the reinforced head. I have a brand new old stock one in inventory right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.