Sailfish rudders

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by cjobara, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjobara

cjobara New Member

I have two Sailfish rudders for sale that are ready to use. Refinished with marine varnish. One is the older barn door style, $40, the other more modern style, $50. They both have the hardware. Only one has (shown on barn rudder) the transom plate which is being sold separately for $10. That way I can provide it for either rudder. The tiller is also being sold separately for $25. No tiller extension. Contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com. Rudders are located in Rhode Island.

Attached Files:

2. ducksandfish

ducksandfish New Member

I have a '76 sunfish and really like the style of the old barn door rudder.Will it fit?also interested in the tiller.Would you ship and what would the prefered method of payment be?Waiting on the eagle to land Monday,appreciate your time,Christopher.

3. cjobara

cjobara New Member

It will probably not fit the rudder head you have and the hardware attached now will not work with the newer style stainless gudgeon. I also think that the rudder may be a bit on the small side in area to give you good control of the Sunfish especially in heavier winds. Let me know if this answers your questions.

Craig

4. wrxdwpsti

wrxdwpsti New Member

Will either of these fit the Newer style? I have a 73. Thanks!

5. ducksandfish

ducksandfish New Member

Hello sailcraftri,yes you have answered my question and I dont believe the old style will fit.I've decided to hold off on purchasing a rudder or any other gear until I go through the costly expenses of refurbishing the hull.I appreciate your rapid response and maybe we can do buisness at a later date.Thank you,Christopher.

6. cjobara

cjobara New Member

It is possible they might although I do not have a Sailfish rudder head (new style) to make a comparison. I would think that my newer style blade would work the best. Please be sure to note that these are Sailfish rudder blades and not Sunfish.

Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.