Rule 2

Discussion in 'Laser Class Politics' started by oniondip, Aug 11, 2006.

1. oniondip

oniondip New Member

Ok, i was reading over the rules really quick when i was bored and i noticed rule 2 states that if a boat with the right of way hits the boat with no rights hard enough to cause an injury the boat with no rights can now protest them.

Does this mean if i have an old junk boat i could stay port and let the startboard boat smoke me enough to hurt me, and i can protest him?

(I dont think ill ever try it)

2. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

You are BOTH supposed to try to avoid a collision and if you don't try to avoid a collision you are at fault, no matter who has right of way.

3. Chris123

Chris123 New Member

When all else fails, read the instructions! Rule 2 says nothing about collisions; the entire text of rule 2 is:

You may be thinking of Rule 14, which says:

So, if you stayed on Port, you'd be violating both rule 10 and rule 14. If Starbord hit you, Starboard might or might not be in violation of rule 14. If you did it deliberately, with malice aforethought, you might be in violation of Rule 2.

4. oniondip

oniondip New Member

haha thanks chris, i did get the rules mixed up. ill never trust a non legit internet forum again (not laserforum, it was one for c&c or something) but like i mentioned, it would be dumb to destroy my laser in order to protest a guy and get one spot but loose 10 due to water.

5. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member