Rudder, Tiller and Parts for Sale

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by derekcjackson, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derekcjackson

derekcjackson Member

1) Early style wooden flip up rudder, tiller and extension. This is one of the original Sunfish Rudders, NOT the spring loaded kind. As opposed to the modern rudder gudgeon, this setup attaches to the boat with a pin and snaps in place at the bottom. I believe this style rudder, tiller and hardware dates back to the 1960s. All the original parts are there, including the flat tiller. The purchaser may want to refinish the wooden parts. (See 3 attached picutures) $75 OBO for everything.

2) 1 Modern wooden rudder blade that has been wrapped in fiberglass and refinished with West System Epoxy and graphite powder. Blade only - no hardware. (See picture) $100

3) 4 Wooden tiller extensions. This is only the extension - no hardware and no tiller. One of the extensions has been shortened. (See picture) $5 each

4) 2 Wood Tillers. One of the tillers has the brackets to attach to the rudder cheek. The other does not. (See picture) $35 each

All parts are in northern NJ. The parts can be picked up, or the buyer(s) pays shipping.

Attached Files:

2. Patrick

Patrick New Member

I may be interested in the tiller without the orange tape on it. Has it been damaged? Can you tell me it's length? Thanks.

3. fandangle

fandangle New Member

I have an alcort sunfish, orange and yellow-- it's probably 1975-79. It need a tiller and rudder. There's already hardware on the boat. Do you have anything that might fit?

dawn

4. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

Dawn contact me at cjo1023 at yahoo dot com for a rudder assembly.

5. Brian O

Brian O New Member

Do you still have the 2 Wood Tillers under #4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.