Ross for NA VP

Discussion in 'Laser Class Politics' started by gouvernail, Jun 17, 2007.

1. gouvernail

gouvernail Active Member

Certainly there is nothing more political than a campaign thread.
    I think the class could use a young eager pain disturbing the comfort of those who prefer cooperative get along members.
    Our current VP has been contributing to the class in the same manner for many years. He knows what the class needs from him and will continue to do exactly as he does whether he holds office or not.
    Ross would bring his youthful and unbridled enthusiasm to teh office. There would still be plenty of sedentary old folks who can easily out vote or overrule Ross' flurry of proposals. But...If Ros is an officer, somebody will have to actuallyu THGINK and respond with real reasons.

PLUS?? Ross has another 50 years of sailing in him. The current VP is almost as old as our "oldest ever" current NA Class president. There is not much point in training a replacement who is also bound for the nursing home.

Ross for VP.
    Vote early!
    vote often!!

Actually, it may be necessary to elect some young District secretaries as only district 16 has anybody under 30 who can vote in the election.

Anybody have a campaign slogan??

I'm gonna campaign
    for the guy who's a pain

It will be a big loss
    if we don't elect Ross

He may be bold
    but the others are old

This class of mine
    it needs to shine
    let's get some gloss
    vote for Ross

2. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Get with the times, old man! I resigned as District 18 secretary a couple of months ago to 18-year-old John Shockey.

3. viktor188924

viktor188924 New Member

This is cool. Great idea. we need to keep this post going. get someone to make it a stickey?? on all the forums? i mean 25,000 posts in laser sailing vs 2,500 posts... but i know bradley likes threads in their place. When i get home i'll make a 'neat-o' banner for people to put in their signatures!!!

4. Ross B

Ross B Guest

hahaha thats great

5. viktor188924

viktor188924 New Member

yah it'd be stupid-cool to have a VP from the forum

6. Ross B

Ross B Guest

well Tracy, your on the board, how can we make this happen?

7. viktor188924

viktor188924 New Member

whos tracy

8. Ross B

Ross B Guest

Tracy Usher, NA Chairman and Measurer

9. Merrily

Dr. Usher probably won't have a chance to check the forum for a while. He's at a work conference this week.

10. Ross B

Ross B Guest

well we will just have to make sure to ask him when he gets back then

11. viktor188924

viktor188924 New Member

12. Ross B

Ross B Guest

I like it!, keep em coming!

13. Merrily

Ross, if you are really serious about entering Laser Class politics, I suggest that you work your way up a bit. For example, have you ever run a regatta? If you have only sailed in them, it's hard to know how involved they are. Maybe you could be your district's secretary and find out if it's even something that you'd like to do? I did it for two years and at times it's a lot of work. I had to give it up in favor of my work.

Also, just because Fred Schroth says that Eric Faust is ready to move on doesn't make it so. You could have a struggle on your hands. There's nothing wrong with a struggle, but it's easier when you've established a support base, which you would have a better opportunity to do as a district secretary.

Good luck with it, whatever you do.

14. Ross B

Ross B Guest

Like I said before, I would love to hold a position later on after college and when I can support myself. Coming up through the ranks is fine, and makes the most sense. But if you guys find it absolutely necessary to make me the NA VP now, you guys gotta write me in, and if you get me in, I will do the job.

15. Chainsaw

Chainsaw Brmmm Brmmm

On the other hand, Ross, if you have no experience of politics, you can use your ignorance to advantage. Ignorance is bliss, and we should all strive for blissfulness! Don't be scared of those scowling old people, Ross.

Here's a publicity trick:

First meeting you turn up too, invite a local rest home to attend in their monogramed cars, complete with doctors in white coats and stretcher bearers..and of course busty "nurses". :cool:

Hold a press conference and play on the "new young blood" ticket. Tell the world that the doctor has come to take the old guard to the rest home. Any hecklers, just direct the stretcher beares to them.

That'll go down a treat with the 4.7 kids! Work the angles!

16. Ross B

Ross B Guest

hahaha thats classic

17. Merrily

I'm glad you are having fun with this :D, but you do realize that the general members don't vote on this? As Gouvernail pointed out in the first post, only District Secretaries and board members can vote on this.

18. Ross B

Ross B Guest

well I'll stick with what I'm saying, if you can make it happen, I will gladly hold position.

19. Chainsaw

Chainsaw Brmmm Brmmm

I'm totally committed to this campaign! Even if I have to shift countries. You can borrow my nurse for the press conference:

[​IMG]

the old boys will leave voluntarily with her.

20. Ross B

Ross B Guest

seeeexy

Merrliy you bring up a good point, our district reps and the current board has to vote on people

why is this? is this not a class of the people? why can't the members vote on who they want?

in my view, there would be internet board where a person posts an "ad" on themselves, trying to sell themselves on the position they want, and the people vote on who they want