roll-on trailer for seitech dolly - looking for pics, info

Discussion in 'Laser Talk' started by knot_moving, May 10, 2006.

1. Radial 171107

Radial 171107 New Member

I have a mackay multi link trailer. Its so easy after a sail to pull the boat up because of the teflon strip. I recommend these trailers to all laser sailers, so quick and easy!!! At first it was hard getting the dolly on by myself because it wouldnt come up striaght sometimes but i got used to it.

2. bcrew

bcrew New Member

Here are some photos of a roll-on trailer that I have used for past several years. The key is the center "track" where the front of the dolly slides when you pick up the back. I used a PVC pipe cut in half which works well. Something to consider when you create your own is the fore-aft placement of the dolly axle in relation to the trailer axle. Too far forward and the hitch gets heavy, too far back and your trailer will wander from side-to-side and possibly become unstable. The general rule of thumb is to have a hitch weight of about 10% of the total weight of the trailer. I wanted my setup to be as low as possible so I placed my dolly wheels just in front of the trailer wheels which creates a bit more hitch weight than I wanted but since the trailer is so light it's not a big deal and tows great. I also created a front beam with a cradle that allows me to place additional spars (radial, etc) below the boat and so I can flip the boat over onto the deck when trailering long distances (additional rear cradle fits on to of rear guides not shown).

Attached Files: