Ribecca for President!

Discussion in 'The Dockhouse' started by Ribecca, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Ross B

Ross B Guest

the reason the sail number in my signature stays the same is because thats the current boat and sail number I'm using

so now you know my sail number, whats yours?

2. sorosz

sorosz Member

See, you worked it out already! And with the strong winds in the Bay often it's not that much of a mismatch. As to limited funds, it's only a day's drive up the coast for Ross and he could probably even carpool with someone else coming. Not a very compelling excuse for someone who lives in the OC and often operates on the "Just Buy a New One" platform. ;)

Now as for you, coming from a "galaxy, far far away" might be a challenge but I'm sure it's doable -- we've already got entries from Texas and the Virgin Islands (at the least you just might win the "Farthest Travelled" award). You could then run unopposed as Pres. and pick your running mate, maybe even someone better than Ross?!? Perhaps someone not as easily distracted by the sail number question? ;-) And you just might even get to see that particular sail number you're asking about in person. So Sail the PCCs and be on your way to (Laser) World Domination! I'm rooting for you.

3. LooserLu

LooserLu LooserLu

Hi again,
    that now I do unsterstand (? Do I, really ?). I thought that "Laser Babee" / "Rebecca" at the former website of drLaser and that Laser-Lady of the old laser.org forum have been the same person, but, "what do boys really understand"...

But, do you know the reasons? I know some of them. Because, in 2006, I had a bit conversation with him, about why he left "us" alone.
    Let me say it simple, in 3 short words: we abandaned him. This is possible to be read "between the lines" if you read all the replies of 2004 of him.

And now, it's your turn, at your side of the big pool, to find ways to bring the class up on new rails of the future. And the same for us here on the other side of the big pool and also for all of our good friends down under.

As a guest here, at TLF, I'm clever enough to remain neutral and not to prefer public more ore less any of the candidates at your region .

P.S.: At my country, in autumn, here, aft 35 years, the chairman's job of our district is vacant the first time again. I hope the young fresh blood is able to fill that job well in future. Otherwise I'm afraid, we more and more get a sort of district Laser"office"manager, than a fearless representive of the real interests of the numerous Laserites of the country I live in. So, you see, we have our own problems, too, here....

Have all a g r e a t Sunday on the water its summer here at GER, yeah! And a nice warm summerbreeze moves the boats with 30┬░ Celsius (air) 24┬░Celsius (water) :) :) :)

LooserLu

4. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

I know you'd like to know my number because of my long blond hair and big. . .blue eyes, but my boyfriend is very jealous. Can't give that info out. But we are off topic. Maybe the Laser Savant can't figure out Tracy Usher's sail number?

Too true, Louie. I've never heard of Laser Babee until Mr Old Geezer mention it. I think you've missed that my name is Ribecca, not Rebecca. You can call me Rib, if you like.

5. Ross B

Ross B Guest

I don't do people's dirty work, being the good girl that you are, I'm sure you can figure it out yourself, type in his name, and Laser, you'll find it

http://www.google.com

6. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Oh Rossie, if you think that I'm a good girl, you need to get out more. I'm picking up that you are a little reluctant to help me out. Does anyone else want to do my "dirty work?" ;)

7. Ross B

Ross B Guest

My girl, I hate to be rude, but if you can not figure out someone's sail number though Google as I have, you are clearly not fit for the role of Class President!

VOTE FOR ME FOR ILCA PRESIDENT!!

8. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Lol!!!

9. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Ribecca for President!

Anybody want to be my vice presidential co-runner? First person who comes up with Tracy Usher's sail number has the job.

10. Ross B

Ross B Guest

now do you want to be ILCA Pres, or ILCA-NA Pres?

theres a diff girly

11. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Ross. Sweetie. What a silly question. You must miss me. Or maybe you don't know which body Tracy Usher is president of? You can still be my VP, mon cheri. Just toss me that sail number.

12. Ross B

Ross B Guest

Tracy is "Chairman" of ILCA-NA.

I want the whole pie, I want to be Pres of ILCA

13. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Rossums, can you do that from your mom's basement?

14. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Ross, just so you know--didn't mean to be rude. Couldn't resist, really. I sat down and had a talk with my inner imp (or imp-ess, in this case). Seriously, what's your plan of action to be ILCA head honcho?

15. Ross B

Ross B Guest

Lower part prices, especially on sails and spars. Continue to further test composite and carbon spars, sail development, rigging development (obviously!) Increase communication between board members, and District heads. And give the common member a voice. And I want do my best to make Laser sailing appeal to all, and bring membership up.

16. Ross B

Ross B Guest

lets stop being cute here

17. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Pookie, those are your goals. Admirable as some of them may be, you can't implement them if you aren't already leader. The class leadership is a very closed system, with voting limited to a small "in" group. What will you do to get in?

Rossums, you are charmingly oblivious. This thread is all about being cute. That leads me to an important announcement!

Ribecca for President! Radial sails made out of pink bedsheets for all! (Blue for boys if you must have them. :( )

18. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Old Geezer, sweetheart, can I court you as VP? Let's fight that ugly age-ism together. After all, there are huge Masters events all over the world. Why shouldn't the geezers and geezer-ettes be represented? Also, I have a thing for balding old men using typewriters. ;)

19. stick

stick Member

sorry Ross, but this Ribby chick has got the politics down pat. she appeals to a broader spectrum, is quick to respond, seems motivated, comes up with great nicknames ( Rossums ! - classic), and let's face it sex sells.
    it sounds like the PCC's could be a whistlestop on the campaign trail, a little face-to-face, some spirited banter, arm wrestling. who knows !!

20. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Stick, baby, I like your name just the way it is. I also love face to face. But arm wrestling? There are better ways to get all sweaty, like Laser sailing! ;) Thanks for the vote of confidence. That's one virtual vote for Ribecca for President!