Ribecca for President!

Discussion in 'The Dockhouse' started by Ribecca, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

My platform:

What's Tracy Usher ever done for me?

Radial sails made from pink bedsheets. My manufacturer will give a massive discount of 20% off of current Radial sail rates.

I want Ross B where I can keep an eye on him--under me.

2. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Just kidding about that. Tracy Usher is the best prez ever. In fact, when I replace him, I'll honor him with placing his sail number on all of my pink Radial bedsheet sails. Ross B, I'm delegating to you to find out Mr. Usher's sail number.

3. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Member

Is LaserBabee back?

4. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

No, sorry to say I don't know who that is. Tell me about LaserBabee. 'Tis a cool name.

5. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Ross, darling, you are not being very responsive.

6. LooserLu

LooserLu LooserLu

Old G, I'm not sure, but it looks like something like that is coming over us... That are the moments, I hate not to speak enough Turkish language, to immediately have a phone call quick to Istanbul to inform Shevy..., sorry.

Cheers Lu

7. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Shevy, shmevy. Who gives a rat's ass what DrLaser thinks? He abandaned us. Laser Babee must be something from the old, now barely accessible, DrLaser website. DrShmaser has nothing to do with me, and I'm sure he could care less, too.

Back on topic, Ribecca for President!

8. Merrily

Merrily Administrator Staff Member

Please watch your language.

9. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

OK, feel like I've been sent to the principle's office. Merrily, I admire your efforts. I'll do my best.

10. Ross B

Ross B Guest

the only position I see you fit for is "daft girl with opinion"

and that currently isn't offererd

11. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

Being daft and having opinions is definitely the thing at all levels of politics.

So what about that sail number, big fella? You are the L*aser Savant!

12. Wavedancer

Wavedancer Upside down? Staff Member

I am beginning to think that we should have a sail-off between Ross and Ribecca with the format to be set by Old Geezer. Maybe something along the lines of the old slalom affair in SF Bay in 20+ winds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3uhghIrwQY&NR

In Lasers of course, not Finns :)

13. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

An "affair" between me and Ross? That would be harassment on my part, being future prez and all. I sail Radial anyway. How would we have a fair match?

14. sorosz

sorosz Member

I like it, a Laser Deathmatch -- let's make it the PCCs this August 10-12. It's smack dab in the middle of the San Francisco Bay with great winds and waves. No entry limits like the Nationals so any contender for the Laser throne is welcome to strut their stuff. In fact, it seems to me that if someone is throwing their hat into the ring for Class Pres. or VP they need to be at the Major Regattas earning some of those Grand Prix Points (25 at the PCCs!). Time to sail up or shut up! ;) So Ross & Ribecca, show us the stuff you're made of, you gotta lead the revolution from the front! See you at Treasure Island?!?

15. Ross B

Ross B Guest

PCC's are not in the cards for me this year, sorry guys

16. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Member

C'mon Ross. You don't need to to sail. Go and schmooze and do volunteer class officer stuf - whatever that is - I dunno - give helpful advice on how to rig JC straps or check sail numbers or something like that and sign up new members and hang out with the beautiful Ribicca and look cool - then pretty soon we'll vote the happy couple joint presidents for life.

17. Ross B

Ross B Guest

well, I did Finn Pre-Trials last October

and next summer, Mum and I want to go to Germany for a couple of weeks to see the family

only get one big trip/regatta a year, so we're skipping this year, and travelling next year, gotta mind our money

18. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

You didn't answer how we'd work out the Laser / Radial mismatch. Obviously this isn't going to happen and you've hijacked my Ribecca for President thread to promote your regatta. I'll allow it this time because I like you.

I sail frequently and all over, but I respect that Ross has limited funds. Besides, there's no real conflict between me and Ross. He's vying for VP and me for P. We'll be fine once he does my bidding. How about that sail number, Mr Bennett?

19. Ross B

Ross B Guest

which one would you like, you've got better part of a dozen to choose from, choose wisely lol

and you always check my signature, bit of a give away! along with my YC's, where I'm from, and my blog, don't forget to stop in and leave a comment!

any chance you'll be in Orange County/SoCal any time soon?

20. Ribecca

Ribecca New Member

It's always been the same number. I guess you've lost the plot in this long thread. Tracy Usher.