quick splinter repair

ewen shackel

hello every one
i own a laser dignity, to day i put it on its lunching trolley wrong and when i lifted it to correct the error i have splintered away some of the fiber glass. the hul is still fine its just the rim is splinterd a bit.
i was wondering if any one was able to recommend a meted that would repair this issue (please do not ask me to re fiber glass as i will fail horribly at it)
many thanks
ewen

Your asking for a method to repair it and your saying you won't repair fiberglass in the same paragraph. Maybe I interpreted your grammar wrong?

Your asking for a method to repair it and your saying you won't repair fiberglass in the same paragraph. Maybe I interpreted your grammar wrong?

sorry i am asking for methods to repair it that don't involve re-fiber glassing the edge yet are class legial
many thanks
ewen

Boat upside down, tape on the inside edge of the damage pulled tight to bridge the missing material void. Same on the outside. West Systems epoxy with some fillet mixed in. Pour into the area enough to keep the level of the epoxy higher than the original lip. Tap on the sides to remove air. Fill again and let set until it gets stiff. Pull off the tape and using a utility knife carve down the new material to original hight. There you g, no ffiberglass but you would be better off watching a couple videos on repair and use some cloth in the larger areas . It isn't rocket science.

Boat upside down, tape on the inside edge of the damage pulled tight to bridge the missing material void. Same on the outside. West Systems epoxy with some fillet mixed in. Pour into the area enough to keep the level of the epoxy higher than the original lip. Tap on the sides to remove air. Fill again and let set until it gets stiff. Pull off the tape and using a utility knife carve down the new material to original hight. There you g, no ffiberglass but you would be better off watching a couple videos on repair and use some cloth in the larger areas . It isn't rocket science.
thanks i will have a shot at this

Of it isn't that big or you don't have access to West Marine you can just use generic 2 part epoxy. The slower cure stuff is better

Back