questions: re. a used laser

kriss

I am looking at a used laser..sail 6066..the registration # on the hull is performance(manufacturer-is that ok?)6066(sail #) 0273(Iassume that means built in feb. 1973).am I correct ? the boat has a 'laser' kit patch around the mast step-seems to have been effectively done. the wood daggerboard/rudder are in good shape.bailer is a plug in the cockpit and the underhull part of it seemed ok.sail is used but no rips,holes,etc..hull has been repainted dark blue-decent job.there are some scratches/chips.deck seems firm.basic vang.lines ,except for vang line, are good.on an old trailer(seems to have been adapted to the laser)they are asking $1000. at this time of year I was hoping to get it for $700. do you think that is a reasonable price for the boat as described? thanks.

You don't usually find complete boats with trailer for less than 8-900, regardless of age. Offer much less if parts are missing or it had been used to compost leaves. Go over that mast step repair and make sure it looks good to you.

Make them an offer, but don't be surprised if they don't move too much on the price,

I had a 73 I sold last year with trailer and 2 sails, I got 800, with the econemy as it is
offer 700, if no give him a week try again. Good luck.

Back