Problems solved

wicked_pony

It looks like this guy and his FrankenLaser have solved the problems of expensive class sails, small rudder, and non-floating mast all in one handsome package.

Original post: http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/5109348954.html

"Hi.
I am offering my Laser 14' mono-hull sailboat for sale. This model (called the Standard) has swept it's class in the last 5 Olympics. So, it your looking for speed, this is the boat.
The boat is priced for a quick sale, and will likely go pretty quick.
Ok, that being said, I have rigged (sails, dagger board, rudder, mast, and booms) the boat for a beginner or novas sailor. It has only 50 Sq. FT. of sail surface. So it will not over power a newbe. The mast and booms are made of PVC pipe, so if the boat does cap-size, they will float (and also help the sailor to "right" the boat easily.
The dagger board is from a Scorpion (which gives the boat an extra 12" of stability, and the rudder is from a Hobie 16 also giving the sailor a lot more control of the boat.
This boat is currently perfect for the newbe sailor. However, a quick change of the rigging to metal mast and boom with the standard Laser sail, and it will compete with any other boat on the lake in it's class.
As you become a seasoned sailor, you will not have to buy another boat. Just simply re-rig the sails, and your ready to compete. And you will still have an edge with the deeper dagger board and rudder.
Oh by the way, the trailer is a nice Shoreline trailer made of galvanized metal. So it won't rust.
If interested please email me via the CraigsList email system and we can chat using that system. Please do not email me and ask me to contact you in any other manner. I will not. Once we have established a time & place for you to inspect the parts, we can exchange pone numbers for futher communication.
Spammers, & scammers, please don't waist my time and yours.
Thanks for looking"
00J0J_3Ly03mh2XaP_600x450.jpg

00l0l_a4DJ5IgVYv5_600x450.jpg

Yes... that fancy double main sheet arrangement should certainly make it easier for new sailors to sail the boat. Especially the part where you try to let the main sheet out... while sitting on it. Sheesh.

- Andy

Back