Problem loading photos to the Sunfish Forum

Alan S. Glos

Yesterday I tried to load a single photo to the "For Sale" page her on the Sunfish Forum and got an error message saying that my file was too large for the server to accept. This has happened a few times in the past. Has anybody else had this problem or is the problem on my end?

I will try to attach a sample photo to this message and see if it loads.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Attachments

• L1010916-4.JPG
    L1010916-4.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 36
Alan,
Digital camera file sizes just keep getting larger and larger. The forum might have a file size limit that prevents you from loading a file too large.
You should be able to open the file with an editing program (Microsoft Paint works, if nothing else) and resize the file... shrink it down... to a smaller file size so that it can be uploaded.

tag

Thanks TAG. I re-shot the photos with a "less busy" background and they loaded fine, see my rudder upgrade post on the "For Sale" board.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Alan,
Digital camera file sizes just keep getting larger and larger. The forum might have a file size limit that prevents you from loading a file too large.
You should be able to open the file with an editing program (Microsoft Paint works, if nothing else) and resize the file... shrink it down... to a smaller file size so that it can be uploaded.

tag
Another way of decreasing the size of an image is to send an E-mail with the image to yourself. The mail system software should allow you to 'downsize' the image.

Yesterday I tried to load a single photo to the "For Sale" page her on the Sunfish Forum and got an error message saying that my file was too large for the server to accept. This has happened a few times in the past. Has anybody else had this problem or is the problem on my end? I will try to attach a sample photo to this message and see if it loads. Alan Glos Cazenovia, NY
It seems to be intermittent, as this condition—present a few months ago—just happened to me a few minutes ago. :confused:

Wavedancer seems to have the answer, above, but I didn't stop here first. :oops:

Back