Pre-72 rudder, hardware and daggerboard

Discussion in 'Sunfish For Sale' started by paintboy, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paintboy

paintboy New Member

City:
    Sachse
    State:
    Texas
    Cost:
    $200 ????with the hull
    These parts came off a 1973 windflight and will work on the sunfish. The only part missing from the rudder is the pin. The wood on the rudder is a little stained on one side but is sealed with 4 coats of helmsman urethane. Dagger board is in good shape. I also have the hull available if anyone is interested in a project. The foam blocks in the front have come loose. This style hull has the rounded edges that won't really come apart. This might make a good candidate for a duck hunting hull. 20160731_184456.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Linelife617

Linelife617 New Member

Hello I'm interested in your rudder set up. You said the the only thing that's missing is the pin?

3. paintboy

paintboy New Member

The pin is the part that holds the rudder head to the hardware that is mounted on the boat. The Sunfish Owner's Manual (a book that is worth its weight in gold) it offers an option to use a 1/4 inch diameter locking pin. If you want the factory style pin they can be found on Ebay from time to time. I forgot to mention the dagger board is 37" tall and the bottom edge of the rudder has a small nickle size notch on the same side that has the strange staining. I sanded it smooth and put some epoxy on the raw wood to seal it before I put on the clear coat.

4. Linelife617

Linelife617 New Member

I have the pin on my hull so I'm definitely interested in buying your rudder assembly and dagger board, not interested in the hull. How much would you like for them?

5. paintboy

paintboy New Member

I will take $180 for the dagger board, rudder and hardware for the rudder. Shipping will be an additional expense for the purchaser.

6. Linelife617

Linelife617 New Member

Sorry it took me so long to respond. If you havent sold it then you have a deal. How would you want payment? And could it be shipped by UPS or Fedex?

7. paintboy

paintboy New Member

Yep. Still have the items available. I will send you a PM and we can work out the details on shipping and payment. I just glad to find someone that can use them.

8. paintboy

paintboy New Member

The rudder,tiller and hardware (minus the pin I talked about in my previous post) are still available for $160 plus shipping. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks. 20160903_101717.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.